Ecolab - Increased work, decreased pay | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ecolab

"Increased work, decreased pay"

Current Employee - Service Specialist in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Service Specialist in Boston, MA

I have been working at Ecolab full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company truck with gas card.

Cons

I have worked for Ecolab for over 6 years.In the past couple years I have seen: Bonus's taken away, work loads increase by 50+% and pay decreased, long time employee's fired, forced out of positions, demoted and pasted over for promotion with promotions given to people outside the company. My yearly pay raise does not even keep up with the cost of living (averages $8.00 a week / which is Ecolab's standard pay raise for service specialists).In the several years I have worked for Ecolab I have helped get new business, retained business, trained new hires ect.... and there is ZERO reward for your hard work. The sad fact is, we are not employee's we are numbers on paper which no matter how hard you work, they always want more.Ecolab use to be a proud service first / value there employee's company, now it is production over people, numbers only matter company.

Advice to Management

Reward your employee's.Stop demoting them, hiring managers from outside the company and if you increase there work load maybe you could increase there pay.

Other Employee Reviews for Ecolab

"Just anther BIG corp. Where profit is more important than it employees."

Current Employee - Service Specialist in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Service Specialist in Miami, FL

I have been working at Ecolab full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A pay check. Which after working all the hrs is the same as working for someone for 8.50 per hr.

Cons

On call 24 hr per day new management doesn't care about you. Experience means nothing. Vacation no such thing you have to run your route of 115 accounts in 3 weeks to be able to take 1 week off. So you cheat your customer and yourself or you work nonstop for 3 week. Oh yes Ecolab will help you with the pesky family thing most tech have lost there family.

Advice to Management

Your management is a joke after 7 yr. to pest my loyalty to this is till I fine something else

"Changing culture"

Current Employee - Territory Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Territory Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Ecolab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company car, work from home. Some autonomy to do as you would like.

Cons

Low pay, bad leadership, more maintenance than sales. Issues with Department of Labor. Not being paid for all of your time.