Employee Review

Former Intern

Great company, good environment

Feb 17, 2021 - BI Intern in Saint Paul, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great learning environment. Lot of cross pollination. Good skills to pick up.

Cons

None really, it was a good experience

Be the first to find this review helpful

HR Communications

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate the impact you made.

1. 5.0
    Former Employee

admin asst

Mar 18, 2021 - Administrative Assistant in Saint Paul, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

the bosses were great to work with

Cons

one didn't like females and thought they needed to stay home and raise children - he no longer is there

Be the first to find this review helpful

HR Communications

Thanks for your feedback. Fostering a positive culture and employee experience is important to us. We provide a variety of avenues for current and former associates to share concerns so that they can be investigated. We encourage you to share your specific concerns via reporting options are provided in the Ecolab Code of Conduct (http://www.ecolab.com/pages/code-of-conduct).

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Be weary. Scroll past curated comments to get idea of actual job

Apr 5, 2021 - Territory Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company car, 401k, good stock purchase program, helpful teammates.

Cons

Terrible leadership that is the textbook definition of a good ol boys club. My DM never made budget once in 5 years and was an atrocious leader that was perpetually disengaged. Most individuals promoted are white; yes men. Time and time again my DM was given the keys to the ship after repeat under-performances . Insulting salary for an “on call” job. Reduced headcount and increased workload while at the same time cutting wages. Completely ripped apart any kind of incentive to sell. Took away unmarked company suvs for large bulky work trucks. This is a thankless job that doesn’t appreciate any improvements, restored relationships, aesthetic improvements in accounts, and the value we bring as consultants. Endless equipment, long turn around time on parts, no compensation for needing a personal storage/dedicating an entire room in your home for their equipment. Many individuals are not promoted on their skill, value and accomplishments. Training is sub par in sales and service. I could go on and on with how awful this company turned into but I don’t think I have enough time in a day. As I stated in my title, scroll past the curated comments for a better idea on the reality of working for this country. They don’t care about their employees at all.

Continue reading
    11 people found this review helpful

HR Communications

Thank you for your review. Fostering a positive and inclusive culture is really important to us, and we work hard to provide a variety of programs and trainings to support associate advancement. Please know we are also committed to encouraging a fulfilling and meaningful career for our associates. We understand the important role that managers play in the employee experience, and we’re actively working to expand our manager training. We take your feedback seriously as we are always looking for ways to improve.

Discover more reviews about Ecolab.