Ecolab - Leadership needs to get back to reality. We are losing the culture that made us who we are. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ecolab

"Leadership needs to get back to reality. We are losing the culture that made us who we are."

Current Employee - Territory Representative in Greensboro, NC
Current Employee - Territory Representative in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Ecolab full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has been a fair company to work for, and for the most part has treated the associates fair. Decent pay and benefit package. Numerous advancement opportunities to advance, if you are willing to relocate.

Cons

Over the years, the company has been "squeezing" our associates to deliver more with less resources. This has caught up with many of our divisions. We promise the customers this great support program, but in reality we deliver this only to 10% of our customers. The other 90% get less support and service because of the unrealistic goals that we have reach. In order to reach these goals we must decide what corners to cut, in order to save time. It is not fair to our customers to get promised a superior program, but get a sub par program delivered.

Advice to Management

Please listen to your associates as we know what we are talking about. We are the feet on the street, and the face of Ecolab to our customers. If we invest in more field people, we will have the time and skills to deliver the results. If you keep squeezing us, we are forced to cheat the customer. It is not right.

Other Employee Reviews for Ecolab

1. "Ecolab"

Pros

Make my own schedule, pretty autonomous job, company vehicle

Cons

Company bends over backwards for clients at the expense of the person doing the work

"If you don't want a life work here"

Former Employee - Territory Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Manager

I worked at Ecolab full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had a great team in my area that provided assistance as much as possible for each other.

Cons

24/7/365!!!!!!!!!!! I have not been with the company for over two months and still receive calls on my personal cell phone at all hours of the night asking for me to come out and fix something. This job would b e great if it was either a sales or service position. It is very difficult to do both and have any type of home life. I traveled over 800 miles per week and while they provided a company gas guzzler that I needed to have to transport the 1000's of items that i might need to fix who knows what - they provided me 325.00 per month to cover my gas and cell bill. Even with the help of a great team it was still nearly impossible to do this job without working at least 65 to 70 hours per week and that does not include the weekends when you are on call covering vast areas.

Advice to Management

Bring back service managers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Treat your people with respect and reachable goals that do not go through the roof each year!!!!!!! Small realistic adjustment per year would be good. You are squeezing the life out your people and they are leaving quickly!!!!!!!! Get back to reality and maybe spend a month out in the field again to get a clue that cross roads did not work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!