Edaptive Computing - Great place to work! | Glassdoor

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Current Developer in Dayton, OH
Current Employee - Current Developer in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Edaptive Computing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best part about my job here is the interesting work I get to do. Diversity of experience gained as a result has been wonderful. Company has been growing over the last couple of years and that has led to a lot of new opportunities. I like the ability to choose my own investments under Fidelity SIMPLE IRA. I like the couple of floating holidays available to me every year. Company has recently acquired new space to accommodate its growth. I like more personal space and privacy that has come with new partitions that have been added. I love my quad core desktop. I like the free food and drinks.

Cons

I would like to see more incentives for job related certifications and training.

Advice to Management

Please continue your conversation with the employees. I appreciate the fact that you listen and act on our advice. Please continue to improve processes and procedures. That will be even more important as you grow further.

Other Employee Reviews for Edaptive Computing

"This is one of the best places to work"

Current Employee - Software Developer II in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Software Developer II in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Edaptive Computing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Over the years I have work at dead end crap jobs that offer nothing in return to their employee except a paycheck. At my previous Job you were just a temp body filling a spot for years on end. They would occupationally offer up the possibility of hiring you on as a full worker but even then there was no raises. The only thing being a permanent employ got you was the option to spend part of you check on health insurance and you could forget about retirement. With Edaptive there is no "will hire you as a temp and see how it goes after a few years". You are hired in as a full employee with health insurance and a matching simple IRA with no vesting period. In the current job market this is a diminishing idea.

In my experience management has always been willing to listen and work with any employee to solve any issues they may have.

Cons

Rapid growth has created office space issues. It seams like we are having to expand the office space every few months

Advice to Management

as it was said earlier we need to continue to work though the growning pains that are the result of the great success we are having. Edaptive will need to continue to be adaptive.

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Beavercreek, OH
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Beavercreek, OH

I have been working at Edaptive Computing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for a small company has been an interesting and rewarding experience. The company has more then doubled in size since I came to the company in 2011. When I came the company had about 20 people and now it is well over 40. When I started management asked me to review all their process documentation. I was impressed with their tenacity in wanting to be efficient with their process and several of the suggestions I made were later implemented. My impression is that Edaptive Computing is a fast moving company that is every changing in most part to its rapid growth.

Not all of the employees at Edaptive work at the Edaptive office which at times seams over-crowded. Several of us are support DOD contracts and work at the client sites. The company has done a good job of making their contracted out employees feel like they are a part of the team. In my experience companies struggle with keeping their client based employees loyal to the company. The company has accomplished this by providing generous salary actions, bonuses, free lunches and company activities such as bowling. Plus whenever I come over to the office there is free food and drink in the refrigerator.

One of the things that Edaptive provides is a matching simple IRA with no vesting period. The company asks employees to open a simple IRA with Fidelity and then the company matches the employees contributions. What is great with a simple IRA is that it is not limited to strictly and mutual funds but can be invested directly into local companies and real estate!

Overall, I am very satisfied with being a part of the Edaptive team.

Overall, I am very satisfied with being a part of the Edaptive team.

Cons

Rapid growth has created office space issues. It seams like they are having to expand the office space every few months.

Advice to Management

Continue to work though the growning pains that are the result of the great success you are having. Edaptive will need to continue to be adaptive.