Edelman - If you're smart, hungry and want to elevate and drive your profession forward...Edelman's the place for you. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Edelman

"If you're smart, hungry and want to elevate and drive your profession forward...Edelman's the place for you."

Current Employee - Executive Vice President
Current Employee - Executive Vice President

Pros

--Smartest, most dedicated people in the industry who are in PR for the right reasons and genuninely believe in the tenets convening transparent, honest debate and engagement to drive client agenda forward.
--Private firm with leadership committed to truly great work, not just great quarterly margins.

Cons

--For some, a culture where doing average or status quo work is seen as failure is not for them.
--Executives are not allowed to rest on laurels and exalted hierarchy is not tolerated. Execs are all required to be hands-on and 'doing' the work, not directly.
--I see these as HUGE positives, but I've had colleagues, new hires and recruits say that these are cons. Those folks tend to not last long.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you're doing and don't let success go to your head. Stay hungry, focused on doing the BEST work in the industry and we'll continue to be the biggest. Dan Edelman said it first, but it's more true every day the bigger and better we get. Easier to say when you were challenging the 'big' guys.

Other Employee Reviews for Edelman

1. "Consistent progress"

Pros

Employee respect, good benefits, privately-owned

Cons

At times feels like many little companies cobbled together rather than a holistic company.

Advice to Management

More consistency in communication from top leadership to local leadership.

2. "Edelman attracts the best and the brightest individuals in the PR field; many of whom I'm lucky to work with."

Current Employee - Vice President Group Manager
    Current Employee - Vice President Group Manager

Pros

- The people/staff; creative individuals with a broad range of talents/backgrounds
    - Access to resources and intellectual property
    - Broad portfolio of high-profile clients

Cons

- Favoritism
    - Inconsistencies in growth opportunities (sometimes promotions are awarded based on individual team needs vs. job performance)
    - Sometimes I feel like I work for my clients, not for Edelman

Advice to Management

- Eliminate favoritism
    - Take a hard look at people who are rising to the top - make sure they aren't getting there by stepping on other people