Edelman - Demanding but rewarding | Glassdoor

"Demanding but rewarding"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

If you work hard, you are rewarded for it. Opportunities for growth are fairly provided and there is an environment that fosters the growth of those who go above and beyond. My managers are the best managers I have ever had in my professional life (though it is relatively short). They genuinely look out for my best interests and allow me to work autonomously. At the same time, they go out of their way to provide me with the help I need if I ask for it.

Cons

Can be incredibly demanding and high stress. In an effort to manage the economic downturn, they rely on existing employees before hiring new candidates. While this is a good thing in that it means there are no layoffs, it can translate into overworking employees (i.e. asking one person to play the role of three). They expect a lot from junior staff ... but if you prove yourself, you are usually rewarded for it.

Other Employee Reviews for Edelman

1. "It's a great place to work where people love their jobs, but often times are overworked."

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Health benefits, compensation, co-workers, office lifestyle, creative environment

Cons

long hours, work/life balance, healthy lifestyle harder to manage

2. "Fun work, unique people"

Current Employee - Account Supervisor in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Account Supervisor in Washington, DC

Pros

Smart people; interesting work that is always changing/never the same routine; good benefits; fun culture

Cons

Difficult clients; multi-tasking different projects; constantly seeking new business