Edelman - Rewarding Firm with an Excellent Network of PR Pros | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Edelman

"Rewarding Firm with an Excellent Network of PR Pros"

Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in Washington, DC

I have been working at Edelman full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management and HR team dedicates time and resources to ensure a smooth transition from previous employment. Its company objectives foster an educational culture and assists employees in producing reward-winning results for clients.

Cons

Work can become demanding and require more of your time than expected. Being a goal-oriented company, the end is always top-of-mind. With that said, be prepared to over service your client in order to produce the best possible results for all parties.

Advice to Management

Allow the junior- to mid-level employees to get involved in seeking new business. It creates a sense of ownership for the employee.

Other Employee Reviews for Edelman

1. "Edelman is a great place to advance your career and learn lots quickly, but be prepared to sacrifice your personal life."

Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Edelman full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great learning environment, Room for growth, Large network

Cons

Work-Life balance, payment at the junior level

2. "Simply the best PR agency to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Account Supervisor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Supervisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Edelman full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great resources within the Edelman network. For any given assignment you can tap our Digital, RUTH, media services, MATTER teams, etc. for expert advice on everything from the best media contacts to roll into your outreach strategy to event logistics.

- Senior support and opportunities for advancement. The senior team leads really (for the most part) care about their employees and offer amazing opportunities to get training and experience in myriad ways including international assignments, exposure to other areas of PR, etc. based on your interests.

- Competitive compensation. While other agencies may pay a bit more, I find our pay structure to be quite competitive and fair for the market place.

- Great roster of clients. If you want to work on big, global brands, Edelman is your agency. From Unilever to HP, we have a host of clients with which we work on across the globe. And some big names in the U.S. too including Best Buy and Brita.

Cons

- Like any PR agency, there can be internal politics and challenges although I honestly don't think these are that bad considering our size.

- Work/life balance can get a bit more tipped to the work side of things from time to time but they do try and give you a break if you've been on a very intense account for awhile.

Advice to Management

Continue to offer amazing opportunities and resources for your employees, ensure that staff are treated fairly and nicely, continue to push for new business wins in key category areas.