Edelman - Edelman provides an intellectually challenging, fast-paced and friendly environment where you can have a strong career. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Edelman

"Edelman provides an intellectually challenging, fast-paced and friendly environment where you can have a strong career."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Edelman full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Enthusiastic, supportive coworkers
-Opportunity to work on accounts that cut across numerous practices
-Opportunity to meet people from other practices through EdelU educational courses and extracurricular activities, such as softball or happy hours
-Interesting, engaging work and opportunity to build strong client relationships over years

Cons

-Low salary for first few levels of employment
-Hours can be sporadic (i.e. super busy one week and laid back the next)
-International opportunities are primarily for high level employees

Other Employee Reviews for Edelman

1. "Edelman is a great place to advance your career and learn lots quickly, but be prepared to sacrifice your personal life."

Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Edelman full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great learning environment, Room for growth, Large network

Cons

Work-Life balance, payment at the junior level

2. "Simply the best PR agency to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Account Supervisor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Supervisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Edelman full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great resources within the Edelman network. For any given assignment you can tap our Digital, RUTH, media services, MATTER teams, etc. for expert advice on everything from the best media contacts to roll into your outreach strategy to event logistics.

- Senior support and opportunities for advancement. The senior team leads really (for the most part) care about their employees and offer amazing opportunities to get training and experience in myriad ways including international assignments, exposure to other areas of PR, etc. based on your interests.

- Competitive compensation. While other agencies may pay a bit more, I find our pay structure to be quite competitive and fair for the market place.

- Great roster of clients. If you want to work on big, global brands, Edelman is your agency. From Unilever to HP, we have a host of clients with which we work on across the globe. And some big names in the U.S. too including Best Buy and Brita.

Cons

- Like any PR agency, there can be internal politics and challenges although I honestly don't think these are that bad considering our size.

- Work/life balance can get a bit more tipped to the work side of things from time to time but they do try and give you a break if you've been on a very intense account for awhile.

Advice to Management

Continue to offer amazing opportunities and resources for your employees, ensure that staff are treated fairly and nicely, continue to push for new business wins in key category areas.