Edelman - If you work in PR, you want to work here. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Edelman

"If you work in PR, you want to work here."

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Edelman full-time

Pros

-Training and development: Edelman U, mentoring from direct supervisor, and opportunities to learn management skills at a junior level were invaluable as a young professional. Also received feedback regularly (good or bad) from supervisors which helped me improve and learn consistently.
-Opportunities to work with top brands and on global accounts: Several accounts I worked on were based in major US and International markets outside of New York, which gave the opportunity to gain experience working in markets other than where I live.
-Perks and benefits: Amazing benefits and perks available from day one. Felt that Edelman truly created a benefits package that was about the total person not just the professional.
-Employee engagement: Excellent programs to get involved with co-workers and communities outside the office.

Cons

Work/life balance: provided little flexibility/mobility with the option to work from home. Often had to work on time off and on family vacations. Extremely hard to completely disconnect for even a day.

Review process seemed trivial as I learned that promotion decisions were made before the 360 reviews were complete. It seemed to be more political than based on merit or meeting goals that were set for the year (can be true for a lot of companies, but still disheartening).

Other Employee Reviews for Edelman

"Edelman Digital New Hire Experience"

Current Employee - Digital Account Services in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Digital Account Services in New York, NY

I have been working at Edelman full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In the short time I have been here (~4 months) I have already grown to love the company culture. Very rarely is the first answer 'No'. It is clear your experience here is what you make of it. This and the work/life balance will (hopefully) have me calling Edelman home for years to come.

Cons

There seems to be some confusion among titles and responsibilities. Some people who you would assume have higher titles don't, while others who may not seem as advance do have a higher title.

2. "Fantastic place to work (best I've ever been at), but be prepared to WORK"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Edelman full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Office culture is second to none. People here love their jobs and love the company which really shows.
    - This place is successful! It's only growing, and they are very employee focused.

Cons

- As with any client based company, you are at the mercy of the client. Therefore, long hours and weekends are pretty common.

Advice to Management

No advice needed to be honest. Upper management has been fantastic and very focused on employees