Edelman - My colleagues are incredibly creative, ambitious and down to earth. Best team to work with! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Edelman

"My colleagues are incredibly creative, ambitious and down to earth. Best team to work with!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Edelman full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Politics don't play such a high role here. You're legitimately rewarded for your efforts. There's also no discrimination or egos flying around when it comes to sharing great ideas and going with the best one. Everyone is freakishly smart but incredibly funny and down to earth. You feel like you can be yourself here.

Cons

I know I can easily ask for a higher salary elsewhere but to be working with this team is truly a privilege. Good people are hard to find...especially in New York.

Advice to Management

In many instances there are individuals given a SVP or EVP title who granted have many talents but sometimes they lack in the actual skill of managing people. If they're a creative individual especially - they should not be managing a team under them - just let them focus on the bigger picture.

Other Employee Reviews for Edelman

1. "Everyday I learn something new - the work is engaging and there are constant opportunities to grow!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Edelman full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work hard, play hard - If you continue to do good work, Edelman makes sure to reward you for your efforts. The company is very transparent and clearly demonstrate that they care, value, and appreciate their employees. Edelman tends to treat everyone with respect, including the interns. There is no closed door policy because there are no offices, it's a very open environment and people are approachable. Edelman cares about employee growth and work/life balance. There are many company paid outings to gather with your fellow colleagues and let loose a bit. I love that I can wear comfortable clothing to the office everyday! This is not always common in an office setting. Richard Edelman seems to be a very humble, and genuinely nice man.

Cons

Like any agency, at times you are spread to thing or have overwhelming amounts of work. However, Edelman does attempt to try to create a balance as much as possible.

Advice to Management

In my experience, very little hand holding and micromanagement. There is at times red tape which could be scaled back a bit. The trust is there because Edelman professionals are among the best in the business, but at times there is sensitivities about how to approach media or clients etc. The more trust you instill in your fellow colleagues or subordinates, the more they will have the opportunity to grow, learn and get comfortable interacting with different constituents.

"I've had better."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Edelman full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Large company names look great on resumes. Once you get your foot in the door you can transfer to other offices/cities. If you get the rare chance to work with other offices (new york/chicago/atlanta), you can learn a lot. Severance packages tend to be generous (or so we've heard).

Cons

Culture is driven by fear. Local management has zero agency management experience. Turnover of respected and talented employees is extremely high. Agency brand recognition is low in the market. All the free coffee and soda (or meal replacement shakes....) in the world can't make up for a hostile work environment.

Advice to Management

If you want to be respected, don't scream at or patronize your people so much.