Edelman - The Honeymoon is over and I ran out of Koolaid. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Edelman

"The Honeymoon is over and I ran out of Koolaid."

I have been working at Edelman full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Global and diverse client base, fast pace, fair pay scale. Global offices may open up opportunities to work abroad. Some really great co-workers and ideals. Regardless of your length of stay, the experience you gain will benefit you in the long run.

Cons

The Canadian offices are going through some growing pains. I found staffing to be heavy on the Senior level and sparse where the actual detailed work needs to be accomplished. This equates to many consecutive long hours with no compensation. You may find yourself pigeon holed very quickly and looking elsewhere.

Advice to Management

I found many executive decisions are made on emotion and internal politics. I've seen a lot of fed up talented people leave and a lot of promotions happen that are not based on skill set or track record.

Other Employee Reviews for Edelman

1. "Smart people, strong culture, solid place to build a career and reputation in PR"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at Edelman full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the smartest people I've ever met in PR. There's a reason Edelman has clients who have stayed with us for 10+ years. Working for this company, you never stop learning and you never stop growing. It's also very much a team environment. I've met some of my best friends while working here, and the people I work with are what make me want to come to work every day.

Cons

Senior management can be a little out of touch. They will occasionally make excuses for negative feedback, rather than dealing with problems head-on. Changing teams or practices is a difficult and lengthy process.

2. "It's Like Working in a Sorority"

I have been working at Edelman full-time

Pros

Edelman is a great company, with potential to move up and make a good salary.

Cons

If you come to Edelman as an entry level AAE, expect to be treated like scum. It's like you're pledging for a sorority all over again, and it's not paid well enough to be so.

Advice to Management

Management definitely needs coaching. 24 and 25 year old managers at this company do not know how to be professional nor how to treat their employees well, with respect, so that they can grow and flourish. AAEs might struggle day-to-day, and it is not a good environment.