Edelman - i think the agency really is among the best, worked at several. More vision, talent and team orientation than others. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Edelman

"i think the agency really is among the best, worked at several. More vision, talent and team orientation than others."

Current Employee - Vice President in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Vice President in Seattle, WA

Pros

Good culture, interesting and prestigious clients

Cons

Technology tools sometimes lacking in IT area

Advice to Management

none

Other Employee Reviews for Edelman

1. "If I didn't work here I'd want to be a client."

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Seattle, WA

Pros

Edelman offers the greatest variety and depth of public relations counsel in the agency realm. I worked at Waggener Edstrom, as well as Hill and Knowlton and had vowed never to work in an agency again. I began at Edelman as a part-time employee and was immediately impressed by the level of client service, support for employees and most of all by the senior leadership. Having worked at other agencies, I was stunned by the personal involvement of c-level executives in helping clients on a day to day basis and winning new business.

The value account teams deliver is unsurpassed (at least based upon the experience in my office). All voices are valued and creative thinking is accepted at all levels.

I realize this sounds a bit like a pollyanna, but is truly my experience.

Cons

The reality is that agency life isn't for everyone. I do feel it is the best environment for learning and expanding your skill set. I am grateful that Edelman is a private company because we can weather the tough times and keeping employees is a priority.

Advice to Management

Leading a diverse and global company is not easy and it is difficult to maintain a company's culture. I would encourage the leadership to support regional differences so that we can continue to provide the best local AND global support.

"Great reputation, not a great place to work"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA

Pros

Edelman is a place that is full of very smart people who, in my mind, are thought leaders in the PR industry. The training and education they give to employees is truly valuable and overall the clientele is very interesting. Beyond thought leadership and great clients, they have beautiful offices around the U.S. that are aesthetically pleasing to walk into every day.

Cons

Upper management shows extreme favoritism to those who fit a particular mold. They will promote them relentlessly and noticeably allow them to micromanage the rest of the team (regardless of their title). If you are not one of their favorites, upper management will always find a reason why you shouldn’t be promoted and not give you a constructive reason why you cannot move to the next level. Aside from there not being an opportunity for career growth here, the pay is terrible. I am making 10 to 15 thousand less than my counter parts in other firms, and do not have any benefits like compensated travel (parking, bus, train) or a reduced rate on a gym. Aside from all this the people truly make this place miserable. They are passive aggressive, arrogant and will do anything they can to take credit for good work they did not do. I would not recommend working here.

Advice to Management

If you demand certain things of staff, then demand that same quality and performance of all staff. We know that times are tough – but it is not a reason to underpay and under compensate your staff.