Edelman - Great reputation, but few long-term employees" | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Edelman

"Great reputation, but few long-term employees""

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Edelman full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome place to start your career and get agency experience from a company that is top-notch. Edelman has the power, the client names and a great CEO. Given that we are private it isn't based on "billability."

Better training - Company recently announced Edelman Learning Institute, which shows the company cares about providing professional development for its' employees.

Great reputation, when looking at Glassdoor many of the other power players in the large PR agency don't have the same

Cons

Edelman Digital - They receive benefits and perks PR doesn't, like annual retreats and their system for promotions isn't matched to the PR side of things, yet the titles are the same.

Transfers - Edelman makes it seem very easy for employees to transfer, but they still have to interview the job and it can take months. Also you cannot use it as promotion opportunity, must transfer at your level. For international transfers, you must be an Account Supervisor. Wish it was more transparent.

Politics - Promotions aren't always based on merit, if you associate with the right people you will be promoted faster, even when not deserved.

Other Employee Reviews for Edelman

1. "Edelman is the best PR agency to work for"

Current Employee - Vice President
    Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at Edelman full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong ethics, values and entrepreneurial spirit, family run company, amazing talent and support, great opportunities for professional development, a variety of career paths

Cons

My only criticism every year is the size of the annual merit raises. They are tiny. The bonus program is great, but as you rise in the ranks, you're likely to stay at one level for several years, and it doesn't seem right that strong performances are not rewarded monetarily. I also think it can hurt us with retention.

Advice to Management

Reconsider the policy for the annual merit raises!

2. "The grass is greener here"

Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Edelman full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, great accountability, a very supportive environment that encourages learning, benefits that are unheard of at other companies, beautiful office space, lots of upward mobility if you can negotiate, remain patient, and prove your worth. I came from a job at a studio and it was hell compared to the job here. Edelman truly cares for its employees. MATTER is the best department to work for.

Cons

PR personalities and egos can sometimes be hard to deal with, for lower level employees, the revenue spikes between promotions are very minimal

Advice to Management

Keep working together as a team and seeing the big picture. Sure bringing in another team (specializing in that part of the scope) will take from your revenue as a department, but we are all one company and if we all help each other out, business will all grow and be conducted by the specialists to ensure it all proceeds according to plan.