Edelman - Smart, growth-oriented company with very talented people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Edelman

"Smart, growth-oriented company with very talented people"

Current Employee - Vice President in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Vice President in Washington, DC

I have been working at Edelman full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyday getting to work with really smart people to solve difficult problems for some of the leading companies and organizations. Unlike public firms, Edelman still feels very much like a family company. Much respect for the business ethics of the leadership.

Cons

It's a fast-paced, get it done and get it right attitude. This means working after-hours and responding to email and phone calls during times of client urgencies. If you are not accustomed to that lifestyle it can be a difficult place to work.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead, continue to push employees but always listen... to everyone at all levels.

Other Employee Reviews for Edelman

1. "Great work environment for self starters and those with entrepreneurial mindset"

Current Employee - Director in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Edelman full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunuties abound for anybody willing to take risks and hunt
    Very smart, creative people
    Fun, yet challenging, very high expectations for quality, creativity, and innovative thinking

Cons

Not for everybody, especially those who require a lot of structure, direction, and hand holding
    Frenetic pace at times
    Highly regionalized infrastructure

Advice to Management

Keep sharing your vision and demanding innovation, risk taking, and professionalism in all people dealings

2. "Creative and Strategic...we take those words and make them actions..."

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Edelman full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Our agency follows the inspiration that Dan Edelman set up many, many years ago. Doing great work and bringing excellent client service. Both great work and client service look and feel very different from what people may be used in a world where everyone is continuously connected and inspired through what we experience everywhere all the time. Our team thrives on creating great experiences for our clients and ourselves.

Cons

Having a reputation of being the best and brightest doesn't come without challenges. Our reputation proceeds us in so many ways so it is important for our teams to bring our "A" game, continuously. It's a challenge but most of us accept the challenge willingly every day.

Advice to Management

Keep inspiring to create a culture that works together seamlessly to execute and collaboratively to continue to change how we engage with our public(s).