Edifecs - Gotta Love a Challenge | Glassdoor

"Gotta Love a Challenge"

Former Contractor - Sales/Business Development in Bellevue, WA
Former Contractor - Sales/Business Development in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Edifecs as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Regardless of the job, working at Edifecs will present challenges that will leverage your professional strengths and constructive feedback to improve weaknesses. The organziation has an excellent reputation in the industry. The CEO is willing to take on the impossible and most often succeeds.

Cons

Edifecs is an organization for energetic go-getters who get the job done. The CEO expects 125% so if you aren't passionate,enterprising and dynamic, you're probably not a fit.

Advice to Management

Keep identifying your weaknesses and improving.

Other Employee Reviews for Edifecs

"What an incredible journey!"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Edifecs full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

* Competitive pay, great benefits (free healthy snacks, gym, shower, happy hour, team lunches and events, even ocasional free lunches)
    * People - one of the best people I have ever worked with
    * New much improved senior leadership
    * Opportunity to learn so much!
    * Environment where you can thrive if you want to

I read some negative reviews posted in the past. I'm really sorry that it didn't work out in the past for those disgruntled people. Yes, we had a share of bad management, but I'm always optimistic since the CEO is also the founder of the company. Being a looong time veteran (10+ years) I can tell that he DEEPLY cares about the company. He's just a man, he can also make mistakes at the moment, but long term things will get fixed if they're broken.

About the cultural differences voiced by others... I belong to one of the minorities (I'm not an American citizen), but let me tell you - this company has plenty of opportunities to advance, no matter what nationality you are. In true American spirit! But you really have to care about the company, and the company will give you back. If you come expecting to get without giving - this will not work out in the long term.

I personally have learned that much! Ok, maybe less on the technology side (Edifecs is not a true horizontal technology company), but a lot of other things invaluable while working in any other company: people, management and business skills.

Cons

* pains of growth
    * the company is not working in unison, still has the "my department/your department/silo" mentality instead of focusing on the common goal
    * we're debating at times too many trivialities instead of focusing on things that matter

Advice to Management

* The "revolution" from March has set in motion a set of positive changes. Keep the ripples of change, don't stop!

"Corporate environment that hasn't lost its entrepreneurial spirit"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Edifecs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced company with all the resources of a large company but still operates with the speed and excitement of a startup. Management is open to new idea and is willing to act on them. No bureaucratic blocks. The CEO is the founder and as a result has a passion for the work and employees. He truly has an open door policy no matter your level or role. GREAT benefits package: good comp, flexible hours, free snacks, gym, health benefits, happy hours, etc.

Cons

Be prepared to agile. Company is not afraid to take risk and change directions in a hurry. you work may not result the solution you intended.

Advice to Management

Clearer ownership and role definition among management