Education Elements - A smiley, friendly workplace with plans to make blending learning available for every child. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Education Elements

"A smiley, friendly workplace with plans to make blending learning available for every child."

Former Contractor - QA Data Analyst in San Carlos, CA
Former Contractor - QA Data Analyst in San Carlos, CA

I worked at Education Elements as a contractor

Pros

The people are fantastic - many of them ex-teachers with patience, grace, and a burning desire to improve American education offerings. Lots of women in senior positions who offer support and mentoring like I've never seen before.

Cons

As a start-up they are still working out some processes, but are growing rapidly, so that is to be expected.

Advice to Management

Keep on smiling and hiring smart, happy people.

Other Employee Reviews for Education Elements

"Overall great for anyone passionate about education!"

I have been working at Education Elements full-time

Pros

- Surrounded by great people/ great culture
    - Impactful mission
    - Really makes me feel like I'm making a difference
    - A lot of opportunities to advance your career in any direction you like
    - I wake up excited to go to work

Cons

- General start up struggles
    - feels like ideas are executed through trial and error with no particular logic or reasoning -- still figuring out the what direction the company should go
    - pretty understaffed, forced to have more responsibilities

Education Elements Response

Apr 5, 2016

It's great to hear you enjoy working at Ed Elements and especially that you feel like you are making a difference (its not just a feeling - you are!). I love that you get up excited to go to work ... More

"Great Mission, Typical Startup Feel"

Pros

-Education Elements has a great mission, working hard to help clients improve learning experiences and outcomes for all students.

-Management is open to feedback, and constantly evolving as a result. Management tries hard to be honest and transparent about changes and company outlook.

-There is lots of opportunity for growth. Be ready to grow!

-Lots of very intelligent hardworking people.

Cons

-Five years in, but still has the pains of a typical startup. There currently exists a lack of structure in many areas. While there is a desire to improve this, there isn't really a clear path to get there.

-Very long hours. Everyone is expected to be a salesperson all of the time. Services roles are not ideal for someone who is not interested in upselling or "schmoozing" with clients as this is expected of everyone. This is unfortunate as it can push away those who might be of great service otherwise.

Advice to Management

-Continue to be transparent and responsive to employee feedback.
    -Consider bringing in outside services, e.g. consulting, professional development or otherwise, to provide guidance on areas such as company structures and professional development for employees.
    -Make professional growth of employees a priority by providing learning opportunities beyond shadowing client visits. This will help to build more confidence and capacity internally.

Education Elements Response

Aug 8, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. I know many of us love working for a company that is, as you mention, mission-oriented and working towards something so important - how we can work with school systems ... More