Education Management Corporation - Great job under the right department and manager. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation

"Great job under the right department and manager."

Former Employee - Recovery Specialist in Greentree, PA
Former Employee - Recovery Specialist in Greentree, PA

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, great co-workers, generous paid holidays. high earning potential by reaching collecting goal each month.

Cons

Dishonest management, too many frequent layoffs, lack of respect for non managerial employees time and previous accomplishments. They only allow 10 mins breaks, demands nearly 200 calls a day in an 8 hour work shift, with a monthly goal of collecting larger amounts of money ranging from 15k-100k. They have a system where if you do not hit you monthly goal in four months they will terminate your employment, stating your not meeting thiere performance goals. In addition at any point in your journey whether your a long time successful employee or not they can tell you they have to terminate your employment due to "things not working out" "budget cuts" and also "combination termination". Its a very unstable workplace to try to build a family or . You can only really financially plan your future 3 months at a time working here.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like people not robots.

Other Employee Reviews for Education Management Corporation

1. "Worst job of my career."

Pros

Decent pay for entry level positions.

Cons

Focus on sales and numbers. I worked for the "Art Institute" branch of EDMC. The Associate Directors of Admission positions were a total joke. While this is really a completely entry level sales position, the title is inflated in an effort to convince unsuspecting student targets that they're speaking to a higher up in the organization. There is a focus on getting NUMBERS of students enrolled and no focus whatsoever on the quality of those students. This is an online school, and ADAs are encouraged to convince people to enroll, even knowing that those individuals don't have (and can't afford computers).

2. "More work than you will ever want, not really worth it"

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time

Pros

decent pay. good benefits. My co-workers are my family.

Cons

If you have a family, you will never see them. You will work saturdays, evenings. Upper Management (EDMC) which controls the campus I work for is pretty much clueless, greedy, inconsistent in implementing the frequent policy change. They won't let go of abusive higher management because they make their "numbers". Hostile working environment. This company is hemorrhaging and there have been frequent layoffs.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees! Out workloads have doubled! We are stressed out and cannot keep up with the frequent policy changes.