Education Management Corporation - Great Experience for Students | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation

"Great Experience for Students"

Former Intern - Graphic Design Intern in Cincinnati, OH
Former Intern - Graphic Design Intern in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Education Management Corporation as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

EDMC provided a great experience as a student in college. I was able to work as an employee of EDMC for a federal work study program while serving the needs of a local non-profit organization. Great way for me to gain experience while working through school.

Cons

The only con that I had while working for EDMC was the system used to upload timesheets. It ran on an old version of JAVA which would take upwards of 30 minutes to access and then my internet browser would block it for security purposes.

Advice to Management

Update the system used to collect employee hours for the payperiod.

Other Employee Reviews for Education Management Corporation

"Learned a great deal unfortunately my position was eliminated"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pitts, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pitts, PA

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment, ability to work from home and also flexible for work hours. Office was close to my home 15 minutes away.

Cons

Did not have the ability to move forward in technology to enhance my job skills and career with in EDMC. Management overlooked me to get training to widen my skill set.

2. "Don't fool yourself into thinking that this is about education..."

Former Employee - Graduate Admissions in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Graduate Admissions in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay is certainly nothing to complain about but is it worth it when you could very well be without a job at any given moment? Is it worth it to stare at the walls of your cubicle and slowly die inside as you convince people who often times need an education (community college would be better suited for most) to enroll? Of course, when he or she fails a class, it's your fault... ridiculous.

Cons

There are too many to list. I've worked in education for many years, am a PhD candidate, and have taught college-level courses at various institutions. This is a mockery of education, a waste of tax dollars, a means of taking advantage of vulnerable populations, and has no right to call itself "education". It was very rare that I actually felt good for finding the right fit for a student (it's only good if they live in a rural area and need additional courses for certification, etc).

Advice to Management

Think long and hard about what an education should be and what it is at your institution and don't kid yourself with the fluff. You know the truth.