Education Management Corporation - Good Company | Glassdoor

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Enrollment Advisor in Chandler, AZ
Current Employee - Enrollment Advisor in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work hours and great people.

Cons

Too much emphasis on getting students in after the deadline...like on the DAY the classes start.

Advice to Management

Let the students choose their start date.

Other Employee Reviews for Education Management Corporation

"It put food on the table"

Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Friendly Coworkers
    -Great pay for the kind of job
    -Decent training

Cons

-No room for creativity
    -Boring robotic work after you're molded into the kind of machine EDMC-OHE wants you to be
    -slimey sales tactics - for example their (EDMC'S) biggest practice hammered into employees, is to overcome objections. Thats fine, but when a student who is telling me they cant enroll right now because their mom is in the hospital I was reprimanded for not saying to the potential student, "great! Sounds like you'll have alot of time to do classwork while at the hospital." Sorry, I wont take on the cold calculated aspect of what a poor corporation can be. I'm a human too. Needless to say I up and left, without having a backup job.

Advice to Management

Have a heart. Don't be numbers driven, if your biggest concern is having a quality conversation with potential students, rate the employee on that. Don't treat students as a cash cow.

"This job has been interesting and rewarding at times but overall is enough to give you a nervous breakdown!"

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting projects, opportunities to develop solutions that make coworkers tasks more efficient and less challenging, opportunities to work with cutting edge technologies and innovative business process improvements.

Cons

Work-life balance is pathetic. More and more positions are being cut because the company has financial issues. However, the demand continues to grow as upper management pretends that we are not in trouble and continues investments in new products and services.

Advice to Management

Please choose one road or the other. Either we are downsizing in which case we need to stop all investments and implementations and just keep up with what we have, OR, we are going all in to turn this company around and get back to profits. You cannot continue to cut IT groups in half while INCREASING the workload. This philosophy is simply burning out the great employees and we can only do this for so long without giving up.