Edward Jones - Edward Jones is the Hardest Place to work but worth it. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

"Edward Jones is the Hardest Place to work but worth it."

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Houston, TX

Pros

- You help people
- Own office
-You have your own assistant
- Pay is very nice (once established)

Cons

-Very hard work 7 days a week
- High stress
-Low pay
- Swallow your pride a lot

Advice to Management

Understand not every area is the same. Not every area can be easily tapped into.

Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones

"Tough, But Best Perks in Industry"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

my own office, personal assistant, and I don't have to see anyone else on a daily basis. It can be the best place to work in the world if you have the assets and resources to make it through the first 3 years

Cons

Just as political as the other firms, but since you have your own office you can be out on your own and not having to deal with it on a daily basis. I was not considered for large offices because I don't kiss a$$. I guess if you are a kiss A$$ this is another pro for you. Also, they pay you next to nothing for the first three years, but you have tons of freedom. Have money saved before you embark on this career.

Advice to Management

Stop worrying about the bottom line in your LP/GP and do what's right for this company to grow.

"The grass is not always greener on this side of the hill!"

Current Employee - Reconciliation Specialist I in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Reconciliation Specialist I in Tempe, AZ

Pros

You will sit behind a computer all day long and have the opportunity to listen to your iPod if you desire. Also, management is pretty flexible when it comes down to start/stop time of your day.

Cons

Edward Jones claims to be a non-micromanaged workspace...that is a lie. If you like listening to our iPod very loud, this could be the place to work for you, because management is very loud and obnoxious when it comes down to socializing. If you are into management, then Tempe will be a good fit for you, if you want to get into Finance or Accounting, then you will have to move to St. Louis.

Advice to Management

If you want your associates to minimize their time socializing, then maybe you should lead with example. Honor promises that are made during one-on-ones...failure to meet goals is a total turn off to your employees.