Edward Jones - Great company to work for, door knocking and cold calling needs to be your strength | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

"Great company to work for, door knocking and cold calling needs to be your strength"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Castle Pines, CO
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Castle Pines, CO

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Edward Jones puts a great deal of effort into your success and gives you everything you need to make yourself successful.

Cons

Even if the company gives you training, it was a little lacking on personal supervision. I would have liked to work in an office with a seasoned Financial Advisor for 3 - 6 months before on my own.

Advice to Management

When the economy is hard, give the new Advisors a little wiggle room.

Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones

"Training ground for going Independent"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Own Branch, Hire your own staff, Work with clients you want too, Diversification Trips, Profit Sharing 100% vested.

Cons

Micro management, limited investment options (Bonds, Insurance carriers and business lines, advisory is all proprietary, now creating proprietary products developed by insurance annuity carriers), limited outside research views, lack of true medical benefits, if in a "location rich" area hard to maintain profitability, not much 'street creed' among investors and other advisors, lack of regional leadership, constant turnover in FA attrition, no loyalty within the firm and your dedication, low compensation, nickle and dime you for branch expenses (net closer to 33%), No room for growth and the list goes on....
    If I had it to do again, I would have made a different choice. I was at EDJ for 7 years and the culture of the firm is DEAD. I was sold a bill of good and was set up to fail.. I made it but thought I would retire there, should have left many years ago.
    I love being Independent. Made the same amount of money from a whole year at EDJ as an independent in 33% of the time.

Advice to Management

Do unto others as you would want done unto you.
    Pay the seasoned advisors what they deserve, quit over charging for all the branch items that are corporates responsibility's, don't force us to recruit new financial advisors... we don't believe in the culture and shouldn't have to force those lies on the new forces.
    Get a new CEO who has the firm culture at heart. Realize that the reps will be just as loyal as you are to them!

"Very caring company from coworkers all the way up to the managing partner, competitive pay and benefits."

Current Employee - Senior Branch Office Administrator in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Branch Office Administrator in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

High level of accountability, good working environment.

Cons

Limited growth for a BOA, no program in place to foster the transition from BOA to FA for those interested.

Advice to Management

Provide a training program for BOAs who are interested in becoming FAs.