Edward Jones - Timing is key | Glassdoor

"Timing is key"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Edward Jones has created a terrific culture-- everyone is very willing to help each other suceed, good focus on family and work/life balance, simple business model

Cons

Unless you start in an existing office or by taking over existing assets, it can be very challenging to make any real money in the first few years. Be prepared to have a fluctuating and at time anemic income.

The income figures suggested as averages for new advisors are grossly inflated.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent during the hiring process concerning what new advisors can truly expect.

Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones

"BOA camaraderie is very comforting but ultimately, BOAs are at the mercy of the FA"

Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was immediately overwhelmed with support from other BOAs in the area and was assigned an outstanding mentor who I could call anytime. Online training modules are great (if you have time to complete them) and home office support is excellent. Every day is different and the day goes by really fast. Great environment if BOA and FA work as a team/partnership.

Cons

BOA salary is way too low for the amount of work we do. Sharp learning curve and very difficult to find time for online training when you work in a busy office making it very easy to get behind. You are learning many different things every day and if a client is in the office while you are learning something it can be very stressful especially if your FA is of no help. FA has complete control over your reviews, pay and bonuses which if your FA is great no problem but if FA is difficult then you are screwed. Many other BOAs I've talked to are very happy in their jobs because their FAs are great so I was just unlucky.

Advice to Management

Start paying BOAs better! We are a critical part of the branch team and should be compensated adequately for our hard work.

"Positive"

Current Employee - On Call BOA in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - On Call BOA in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Edward Jones part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Home office support and support from others in the company.

Cons

Pay is a little lower than expected.

Advice to Management

Make it easier for on calls to become full time BOA's. Promote from within more.