Edward Jones - For entry level financial consultant jobs, this is the best option. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

"For entry level financial consultant jobs, this is the best option."

Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Little Rock, AR
Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Edward Jones invests heavily in the education of their employees. If you want to be a financial consultant, and you pass through their hiring process, you are set up well by this company.

Cons

I was not comfortable with the business model of door knocking that is still in practice. I am not sure that this is still relevant today even if it worked 10 years ago. An administrator is expected to do service calls that are very similar to telemarketing for advisors they support. This can be a nuisance to do around other duties.

Advice to Management

After I left EJ, people expressed to me that they were turned off by the door to door approach of sales. I am sure that some people are successful with it, but I think the perception of door knocking as an antiquated approach is more than corporate realizes.

Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones

"Timing is key"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Edward Jones has created a terrific culture-- everyone is very willing to help each other suceed, good focus on family and work/life balance, simple business model

Cons

Unless you start in an existing office or by taking over existing assets, it can be very challenging to make any real money in the first few years. Be prepared to have a fluctuating and at time anemic income.

The income figures suggested as averages for new advisors are grossly inflated.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent during the hiring process concerning what new advisors can truly expect.

"BOA camaraderie is very comforting but ultimately, BOAs are at the mercy of the FA"

Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was immediately overwhelmed with support from other BOAs in the area and was assigned an outstanding mentor who I could call anytime. Online training modules are great (if you have time to complete them) and home office support is excellent. Every day is different and the day goes by really fast. Great environment if BOA and FA work as a team/partnership.

Cons

BOA salary is way too low for the amount of work we do. Sharp learning curve and very difficult to find time for online training when you work in a busy office making it very easy to get behind. You are learning many different things every day and if a client is in the office while you are learning something it can be very stressful especially if your FA is of no help. FA has complete control over your reviews, pay and bonuses which if your FA is great no problem but if FA is difficult then you are screwed. Many other BOAs I've talked to are very happy in their jobs because their FAs are great so I was just unlucky.

Advice to Management

Start paying BOAs better! We are a critical part of the branch team and should be compensated adequately for our hard work.