Edward Jones - For entry level financial consultant jobs, this is the best option. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

"For entry level financial consultant jobs, this is the best option."

Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Little Rock, AR
Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Edward Jones invests heavily in the education of their employees. If you want to be a financial consultant, and you pass through their hiring process, you are set up well by this company.

Cons

I was not comfortable with the business model of door knocking that is still in practice. I am not sure that this is still relevant today even if it worked 10 years ago. An administrator is expected to do service calls that are very similar to telemarketing for advisors they support. This can be a nuisance to do around other duties.

Advice to Management

After I left EJ, people expressed to me that they were turned off by the door to door approach of sales. I am sure that some people are successful with it, but I think the perception of door knocking as an antiquated approach is more than corporate realizes.

Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones

"VERY LOW BOA COMPENSATION-POOR PAY"

Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator
    Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for Jones allows a sort of independence but the key to happines in this "job" is to be teamed with a good financial advisor. This job will be a living nightmare if the financial advisor's personality and work ethic does not mesh well with yours. The home office support is awesome and the technology makes the job very easy.

Cons

Very very low pay for Office Administrators. Financial advisors receive commissions on new accounts, life insurance, annuities, long term care, and so on, they also receive these lavish diversification trips. BOA's receive no commissions and the bonuses are based on the Financial advisors discretion, and of course we receive no diversification trips. The only prizes we receive is if we complete a trimester goal-which may put 25-100 back in my paycheck. I have an undergraduate degree in Business and I have received no increase in pay and am not allowed to put my academic accreditation behind my name on my business cards. The company is not very family friendly oriented and Human Resources doesnt really seem to take input from the BOA's. My pay is very low compared to area businesses.

Advice to Management

Compensate BOA's for the work we do. Why are there no Diversification trips or commission pay for BOA's-why do Financial advisors receive all the credit when it is supposed to be a team centered environment?

"Great place to start, or if you work it right- retire"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are a simple person that cares more about selling than the academics for portfolio constructions, then this is a great company. These guys are not the best and brightest, but that is ok, the clients that they are serving are not the most sophisticated.

Cons

I would like to sell covered calls for my clients and for those that had too much in one security, I would have had them purchase a put option if they would not diversify.

Advice to Management

I don't have a whole lot- just make sure the company is profitable.