Edward Jones - Great company to work for under certain instances. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

"Great company to work for under certain instances."

Former Employee - Financial Advisor
Former Employee - Financial Advisor

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great core values. Investment platform and resources are top notch. Great support group. Training and development are terrific. A lot of quality people that work for the company. Compensation is great once you find your niche and start producing.

Cons

Very old school approach at growing your business. If you are not provided an office with assets, you will have a tough time keeping on board with their door knocking and cold calling approach to growing your business. You are often times on an island by yourself with your own thoughts. Stringent standards you must meet or else you will be terminated.

Advice to Management

Its the 21st century and although door to door can be an effective way to growing your business locally, you must teach alternative ways using favorable introductions with family and friends. People are very opposed to doing business at their door step.

Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones

"Please, please listen to my warning!!!!"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor Trainee in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor Trainee in Madison, WI

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can't think of any at all.

Cons

When they tell you "95% of our FA's in training pass the series 7 test." Ask them for the statistic of how many are fired before they even get to sit for the exam. They won't tell you. But the truth is likely less than half of the 80 to 100 in each new study group will be fired before the fourth week of study. Very ruthless company, poor study tutors. You are and will always be just a number to them, not a person. I left a good paying job only to be fired three weeks into the study program because my scores weren't high enough. Believe EVERY bad thing you read on Glassdoor about Edward Jones. Learn from my life's mistake!

Advice to Management

Treat people like people, not numbers. Get real, qualified teachers for the study line. Not failed teachers from the public school system. Re-evaluate the three week or your fired rule that you don't tell FA's in training about. Tell the truth from day one and save good people the hardship of the three month recruitment process only to be "separated from employment" three weeks after being hired. Not a way to run a company. Very evil!

"What a ride and on to a bigger company as we speak"

Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ethical, great product mix, can be there till u retire based on what FA u work for.

Cons

Start paying us a true paycheck. I know numerous boa's in denver market that laugh at what we earn. We love Amweican Funds! Drifting away from the recipe.

Advice to Management

Listen to the boa's "we are smarter than we look" and cut the dead weight! Your 20/20 plan is a joke!