Edward Jones - Financial Advisor | Glassdoor

"Financial Advisor"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Honolulu, HI
Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Values driven company. Strong sense of company culture.

Cons

"Old boys club" strongly in place. Too much independence for Regional Leaders, without accountability to home office. They lose valuable talent due to politics within the region that Management is not aware of.

Advice to Management

Solicit feedback from new FA's on their experience implementing EJ biz model in their community. It is not a cookie cutter biz plan industry, and you will never break into certain markets with that mentality.

Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones

"Edward Jones is a great company, but the two person office setting can create problems."

Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Midlothian, VA
    Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Midlothian, VA

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The history and culture are part of what makes working for Edward Jones so rewarding. Helping our clients to meet their financial goals is at the center of everything we do.

Cons

Small office setting is really like extended family. It takes a lot of work to keep the relationships productive and rewarding.

Advice to Management

Don't try to change too much.

"Please, please listen to my warning!!!!"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor Trainee in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor Trainee in Madison, WI

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can't think of any at all.

Cons

When they tell you "95% of our FA's in training pass the series 7 test." Ask them for the statistic of how many are fired before they even get to sit for the exam. They won't tell you. But the truth is likely less than half of the 80 to 100 in each new study group will be fired before the fourth week of study. Very ruthless company, poor study tutors. You are and will always be just a number to them, not a person. I left a good paying job only to be fired three weeks into the study program because my scores weren't high enough. Believe EVERY bad thing you read on Glassdoor about Edward Jones. Learn from my life's mistake!

Advice to Management

Treat people like people, not numbers. Get real, qualified teachers for the study line. Not failed teachers from the public school system. Re-evaluate the three week or your fired rule that you don't tell FA's in training about. Tell the truth from day one and save good people the hardship of the three month recruitment process only to be "separated from employment" three weeks after being hired. Not a way to run a company. Very evil!