Edward Jones - Fantastic company to work for if you are willing to work hard. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

"Fantastic company to work for if you are willing to work hard."

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Madison, WI
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Madison, WI

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I read through several of the reviews on this site and as an adviser of 9 years with Edward Jones, I felt like I needed to give my $.02.

Most reviews make it sound like a bad thing that they monitor your performance strictly. What job have you had that doesn't monitor your performance? Yes, it is based on "sales", but sales are a RESULT of advising.

That being said, the autonomy offered by the position is both a blessing and a curse. You are your own best friend and worst enemy depending on your effort. I left a job as an engineer to become a financial advisor and haven't regretted it for a second. I started out with no assets and after several months had an opportunity to take over a small existing office. I grew it very quickly and fast forward 9 years later, I'm one of the biggest producers in the firm.

You have to be willing to step outside of your comfort zone and meet people. You have to dedicate time to become connected with folks and grow relationships. If you can do this, you will have success. Here is a bullet point list of my "pros".

- My success is determined by my effort.
- I dictate my own schedule.
- When starting out your overhead is completely covered by the firm.
- The BEST training in the industry.
- The BEST culture in the industry. We put the client first and take care of our employees.

Cons

-This career isn't for everyone. Developing clients, at Edward Jones or any other firm in the industry, is a challenging process that you have to be willing to work at.

-It is a commission based job. Be prepared to have slow months at the beginning, but it doesn't have to be that way if you put in the effort!

Advice to Management

Remember that the Financial Advisers are the profit center. It is important to hire quality candidates and make sure they receive the proper training from beginning to end. That means continued support while in the field (and from the field) with less of a throw it against the wall and see if it sticks mentality.

Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones

1. "EJ has give me opportunities to develop a business, help my clients, and become very successful."

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Bardstown, KY
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Bardstown, KY

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Independence. Independence to work with whom I want to work, how I want to work with them. Independence to set my schedule so that I am able to attend events in my families lives. Great technology. Partnership structure gives me ownership opportunities within my company and allows all of us to help one another to become successful. Travel opportunites for my spouse and myself. Leadership opportunities within my company. Compensation based on my production, plus bonuses. Rich culture which is very much alive and practiced. Recognition of achievements within region.

Cons

Because of the occupation, it can be stressful. Staying organized and focued on the tasks at hand is always a struggle.

Advice to Management

Stay true to our beliefs and our heritage. Continue on the path that Ted Jones set for us. Never lose sight of putting the client first.

2. "The best company in the world!"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Complete flexibility. It feels like Family. They really care about their client's and employees.
    From the moment I stepped in the door, I felt like part of the team.

Cons

I really can not think of any Cons

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, you have created the best Job/Company in the world.