Edward Jones - The Best Company to Work for or with | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

"The Best Company to Work for or with"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Knoxville, TN
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Edward Jones is a privately held company owned solely by it's employees. This allows it to make different business decisions than other companies. It is a very family friendly company who always puts the interest of the client first.

Cons

This is a very difficult business for some people. You must have a entrepreneurial spirit, be self motivated and goal oriented. Working in an autonomous environment is also difficult for some people.

Advice to Management

Never loose the culture of this firm.

Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones

"Edward Jones Review from BOA - Been here 10 Months"

Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very helpful headquarter services--various departments very knowledgable. Even though I am in a branch and on my own the majority of time (FA not here most of the time)--I always feel the support of a very large organization. Excellent resources and very user friendly technology--I was up and running in a week. Good resources and support while learning the job.

Cons

Must be very independent and OK with working alone the majority of time. Sometimes difficult to reach particular departments for help--long wait times. I would really like an opportunity for career advancement with this firm as I very much would like to stay here long term--but there are only two positions available at the branch level--and as a BOA I really have nowhere to go but stay in this same spot, as I am not interested in sales. I wish there were more career opportunities in the operations area, such as running a multi-advisor office etc., or positions such as ones located at headquarters.

Advice to Management

Management/compliance at the headquarters level seems a bit removed from what really happens/difficulties we face daily/the extent of our service to clients (we do everything for them) at the branch level. I have not met any management at that level outside of one regional meeting. They are wonderful figure heads and speakers--very inspiring speakers--but I think not really in tune with those of us in the field.

2. "Best of both worlds.....independence but with all the support you will ever need"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Like being in business for yourself......but not by yourself. Great support. Customer focused. They let you build your business into what you want it to be. Unsurpassed ethics. Flexibility to set the work/life balance that you desire. Pay it forward culture of helping new people get started.

Cons

It's hard work building a financial service practices from scratch.......but the rewards are worth every ounce of sweat. On verge of oversaturating some markets with continued push for growth.