Edward Jones - Edward Jones offers one the opportunity to be an "owner" without the need for personal capital. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

"Edward Jones offers one the opportunity to be an "owner" without the need for personal capital."

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Moorefield, WV
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Moorefield, WV

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

As an Edward Jones financial advisor, one is his/her own boss. There is the freedom to do business in a personal way as long as one remains legal, ethical, and profitable.

Financial advisors are rewarded in several ways: commission, limited partnership, trimester bonuses, profit sharing, and diversification trips. These awards are based on performance and doing the right thing for the client.

Client service excellence is held in high esteem above all else. Jones advisors pride themselves on doing what is right for each and every client.

Cons

As the firm works toward its 2020 Vision, number of financial advisors will increase significantly. Many markets will become saturated with offices in close proximity.

Advice to Management

When choosing target areas for new offices, I feel it is necessary to look at more than the numbers. Actually sending someone to evaluate the areas being considered would make sense. I am in a very small town that has many immigrant workers who are not investors; however, they show up in the population of the town and make it appear a more investment potential area. My office is locate on the only main street halfway from each end of town. One mile in either direction and one is out of the city limits. I went to the expense of building my own office and now Jones is allowing a "Goodknight from afar" to be here.

Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones

1. "Amazing opportunity to run your own business while maintaining the security of a reputable firm standing behind you!"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Unlimited Earning Potential, Limited Partnership, Bonuses, Fantastic Trips, Profit Sharing, Flexability, Great Training and Support, One Financial Advisor per Location. Career developement opportunities.

Cons

Mentally Challenging at times. A career you can never 'turn off'. (If you can even consider those to be cons)

"Short trip to Vegas and lost it all!"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor Trainee
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor Trainee

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Finally, the nightmare is over...

Cons

Training material not effective for me. Expect 65 hr work weeks...no time off for family, or even to go to church!

Advice to Management

3 weeks to get through a 3 inch binder of fresh material is just not long enough. Provide some flexibility and work with those folks that left their good paying jobs in order to help them pass the Series 7. I put in the time, stayed on calendar and still got cut since test scores weren't strong enough!! What an expensive lesson! Buyers beware...