Edward Jones - In the business for 35 years, but have been a Financial Advisor with Jones for the past 13 1/2. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

"In the business for 35 years, but have been a Financial Advisor with Jones for the past 13 1/2."

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Hot Springs, AR
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Hot Springs, AR

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The individual office and dedicated assistant are major pluses, as well as investment freedom, the travel awards, and participation in my regional management.

Cons

The only downside I can think of is that we cannot do covered options.

Advice to Management

Listen more/ask more of the FA's -- the people in the field -- for advice and feedback BEFORE instituting programs and it would keep from having to make excuses for changes later.

Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones

1. "Weird"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great training, support from those that are in the same position

Cons

concentrates only on the elderly, not much to bring younger clients in

"Branch Office Administrator's are not appreciated or valued. Corporate lies, does not keep their word. Sexual Harassment"

Former Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator in Akron, OH

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved working with clients & maintaining the branch office. When I was allowed to do my job the office thrived. Some of the people I worked with were great. The ones that are professional, hard working & know what their doing were wonderful to work with. Offices tend to be nice & well organized. They are very structured & have a great system that works well. Jones Link software is great & keeps you trained, as well as, keep you on task throughout your day/week/month.

Cons

Edward Jones hires new FA's that are inexperienced & do not know what they are doing. I was sexually harassed & because the FA brought the money to the table, not the BOA, they supported the FA. They moved me out of the office promising to handle the matter & relocate me to a safer office to work in. They never relocated me, but later told me to find my own office to work in. I found another office, but after a while they realized I was still working for them (the victim) & they made up lies & fired me. I should have sued them, but they threatened to fight me on my unemployment claim if I did. Their big in house lawyers, as well as Corporate lie & are dishonorable. Multiple times they said one thing, then turned around & did the opposite of what was agreed upon. They maintain a good ole boy system. Also, they do not fairly compensate the BOA's. Some have worked their for 10 yrs & making only $9 hr, while others come in making $14 hr. The pay is not based on qualifications either. Luckily, I found out & obtained the higher amount. But, other BOA's are unaware & not making enough for all they do. The BOA's put up with a lot from their FA's & are afraid to report the stuff that happens for fear of losing their job, like what happened to me. It's not fair & big lawsuit may one day happen.

Advice to Management

Amp up your sexual harassment policies & live by them.Treat all employee's fairly & honestly on all fronts & protect them all, not just the money makers. Protect the victim's, not violate them further.Get rid of the good ole boy system. Stop with the weird company culture they force the FA's into, they don't like it & it feels like the "Stepford Wives" to them. Monitor the branch offices more, not just by an annual audit alone, because some FA's are unprofessional, doing harassing things to their staff, violating laws, micromanaging staff, preventing staff from fulfilling their job duties appropriately, not really working-just hanging out, not being in the office when they should be & a host of other things.