Edward Jones - Lots of Opportunity | Glassdoor

"Lots of Opportunity"

Current Employee - Home Office Associate in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Home Office Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am a home office associate based in St. Louis. Edward Jones provides associates a lot of opportunities to work on different projects, become exposed to many areas within the firm and not a company that tries to keep associates in the same role for 20 years. Edward Jones also provides many training courses in which you can choose from for your own professional development.

Cons

Like any corporate job, the workload can be heavy, efficient processes not always there and can be stressul at times. But this is called life and the reason we get paid to come in every day.

Advice to Management

Evaluate associates on how they perform, not how they dress.

Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones

1. "Look beyond the numbers so Financial Advisors can succeed"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Washington, DC

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Can learn very much in a short period of time.

Cons

Little support or encouragement. Too much empohasis on the investment they have in you and little acknowledgemnt or care of the investment you have in them. No opportunity for advancemnt for BOA or FA.

Advice to Management

Consider getting a new "secret weapon". It's not realistic to expect existing financial advisors to "mentor" new advisors. Most are in competition with new advisors and do not have the time nor the skill set to provide simple encouragement.They just want the brownie points for mentoring and no accountibility for actually helping. Big reason for the turnover is burnout and total lack of encouragement. From my experience, under performing adviors are ususally very thoughtful and not doing the right work (too much admin and hand holding) and work their tail off for the firm for very low pay. To have a FA Support division who only reaches out when a FA needs a performance warning is ineffective. These leaders should regularly reach out with a few kind words. Surely they can find something complimentary to say. Isnt that a leader? Where else would this encouragement come form? Who hurts when you fire advisors after several years of nurturing a busness? The people you claim to care so much about, the clients. Its not hard to be genuine in helping advisors succeed. The answers are not always in your numbers.

"In the business for 35 years, but have been a Financial Advisor with Jones for the past 13 1/2."

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Hot Springs, AR
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Hot Springs, AR

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The individual office and dedicated assistant are major pluses, as well as investment freedom, the travel awards, and participation in my regional management.

Cons

The only downside I can think of is that we cannot do covered options.

Advice to Management

Listen more/ask more of the FA's -- the people in the field -- for advice and feedback BEFORE instituting programs and it would keep from having to make excuses for changes later.