Edward Jones - An ideal fit for my career goals and personal work ethic | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

"An ideal fit for my career goals and personal work ethic"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You really are building your own business. No one is standing over your shoulder or making you punch a clock. As long as you are achieving the goals that the firm as set, you will be very successful. Those goals are very attainable as long as you put in the work, have a clear understanding of the firm's expectations, and if you put in the work!!!

Cons

A job with little supervision requires a considerable amount of self-motivation. Not many people have that trait naturally. If you can't motivate yourself to get out of bed every morning on time and get to it, then you won't be very successful in this field.

Advice to Management

As boring of an answer as it may be, I would not change anything that upper management is doing. I have been around for almost a year and have not yet been lied to or taken advantage of. If that changes, I'll be sure to edit this field.

Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones

1. "review"

Pros

The potential can be great

Cons

Door knocking is very hard

"Good company, though the early years are lean."

Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator
    Current Employee - BOA Branch Office Administrator

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Reputable firm, good people, very client-oriented, sound financial products, decent training, excellent benefits, generous paid time off policy, lay-offs are extremely rare.

Cons

As a branch office administrator (BOA), the base pay is quite low for the amount of responsibility involved. Some branch teams earn bonuses, and if you're hired into a top-producing branch, it may not matter about the base pay. But if you work for a lower-producer, it can be a struggle. Many BOAs that I know must work a second job to make ends meet. Other than the pay, the only negative for some people is relative isolation. Most branches are just two people: a Financial Advisor and a BOA. It suits me all right, but I'm sure it wouldn't be ideal for other personality types.

Advice to Management

You should really consider if BOA base pay is sufficient when so many of us need to work a second job.....