Edward Jones - Very well supported and yet autonomous at the same time. I am trusted and respected and allowed to build my business as | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

"Very well supported and yet autonomous at the same time. I am trusted and respected and allowed to build my business as"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The financial and professional support to build your own successful financial advising practice is amazing.

Cons

If you cannot self manage, this is not the job for you. Without some solid responsibility and self accountability muscles - you will struggle.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to stay the course. Perhaps create some management structure to help those who need to develop their ability to self manage. Waiting until they apmost fail is too late.

Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones

"Sink or swim."

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time

Pros

Autonomy, freedom, and flexibility. Set your sights and go after your target with everything you've got.

Cons

No central SOP for training new advisors. That means you get a lot of contrary advise that may or may not jive with your personal goals or operations. Be weary of who gains what from your success.

Advice to Management

Standardize training in the field for new advisors. Pay close attention to the goodknights and the veteran FAs who share their book. Are they doing it just to get rid of garbage? Or do they actually want to help bring up a new FA to help transfer their business?
    Shifting garbage is a sure way to ruin a budding career before it even gets the chance to see daylight.

"They Suck"

I worked at Edward Jones (More than 3 years)

Pros

They leave you alone for the most part.

Cons

They change the compensation often.