Edward Jones - Great support and nice people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

"Great support and nice people"

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time

Pros

Good benefits, 401k pretax and Roth available, profit sharing and you are immediately 100% vested. Home office is only a phone call away and their support and courtesy is amazing. Received support from home office when I had a difficult office situation. I now work with a very nice financial advisor and we get a long well. There is a lot of training modules on line so you can learn about services that your particular office does a lot of, ie, insurance, estate planning and a great variety of other services.

Cons

Edward Jones promotes the 2 office team and both the FA & BOA are encouraged to build the business. The boa wears so many hats it is difficult to master everything. The job can be quite stressful sometimes. I do not think we are fairly compensated especially in comparison to what the "team" accomplished but the financial advisor receives the perks. Compensation can vary greatly between boas depending on the profitability of that particular office so the pay is unequal even in your own region.

Advice to Management

The financial advisor is the money maker and should be compensated as such but he could not perform his duties and make the contacts and bring in new business or service the branch existing business without his partner. If you want the BOA to be a partner you should value them as such. I have been with this company for 7 years and think very highly of them. However, I am currently looking at a company where I have been offered a higher salary, profit sharing and more opportunity for advancement. I don't want to leave Edward Jones but I am feeling undervalued and in a sense duped into thinking that I am a real member of a team.

Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones

"Worst experience of my long career in financial services. Everything they say is a lie."

Former Employee - Financial Advisor
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor

I worked at Edward Jones full-time

Pros

If you want to be a Robo Advisor, than it is a pro.

Cons

St Louis is nothing more than an Advisor producing machine. And not good ones. Don't waste your time and believe all their lies.

Advice to Management

Your management team cares very little about its staff, All they care about is making money for themselves. Mr. Weddle, I and all the partners should step down if you want the company to last.

"Management by Retaliation"

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time

Pros

There are some great employees in this company. After all, it is not run by Bernie Madoff. The benefits provided do match those provided by a similar size company.

Cons

There is a culture of retaliation and cover up. Employees are strongly advised (i.e. forced) to not communicate via email.
    Promotions are awarded depending on who you know (not by what you do or what you know)
    As a home office employee, you shouldn't expect a work-life balance. Working 50-60 hours a week is not uncommon. However, don't expect to be paid overtime or be rewarded for it.

Advice to Management

Don't refer to your employees as dogs would be a good starting point. I'm not kidding, I found it offensive when a general partner referred to employees (who negotiate contracts) as dogs.
    Treat people with integrity and respect.
    Don't retaliate against people who speak up. The "Survey/Feedback/Action" you ask employees to participate in is not anonymous, therefore is not honest or effective.