Edward Jones - Received some of the best training in the industry with Edward Jones. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

"Received some of the best training in the industry with Edward Jones."

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Portland, OR
Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Portland, OR

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Edward Jones is consistently rated by Forbes as one of the top 100 companies to work for. They are a professional organization and ensure all of their employees are ethical and honest in their business. They are community focused and encourage their employees to engage with the people in the city in which their office is located.

Cons

As a financial advisor at Edward Jones, you will be asked to do a lot of sales type activities and put in very long hours. The ability to earn a high salary is a far stretch and can take a financial advisor many, many years to achieve. And, their health insurance coverage is a high deductible coverage so be prepared to spend a lot of your own money out of pocket.

Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones

"Great support and nice people"

I have been working at Edward Jones full-time

Pros

Good benefits, 401k pretax and Roth available, profit sharing and you are immediately 100% vested. Home office is only a phone call away and their support and courtesy is amazing. Received support from home office when I had a difficult office situation. I now work with a very nice financial advisor and we get a long well. There is a lot of training modules on line so you can learn about services that your particular office does a lot of, ie, insurance, estate planning and a great variety of other services.

Cons

Edward Jones promotes the 2 office team and both the FA & BOA are encouraged to build the business. The boa wears so many hats it is difficult to master everything. The job can be quite stressful sometimes. I do not think we are fairly compensated especially in comparison to what the "team" accomplished but the financial advisor receives the perks. Compensation can vary greatly between boas depending on the profitability of that particular office so the pay is unequal even in your own region.

Advice to Management

The financial advisor is the money maker and should be compensated as such but he could not perform his duties and make the contacts and bring in new business or service the branch existing business without his partner. If you want the BOA to be a partner you should value them as such. I have been with this company for 7 years and think very highly of them. However, I am currently looking at a company where I have been offered a higher salary, profit sharing and more opportunity for advancement. I don't want to leave Edward Jones but I am feeling undervalued and in a sense duped into thinking that I am a real member of a team.

2. "Positive"

Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Edward Jones full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of room to grow and move upward.

Cons

Daily grind, and lots of employees make being seen hard.

Advice to Management

Give back more to the workers.