KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee, more than 1 year

Don’t believe the lies

Jun 20, 2022 - Financial Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited compensation potential, EDJ pays you to study for SIE, S7, S66 full time. The company has been around for 100 years and did not need to be bailed out or bought out during major financial crashes.

Cons

-Doorknocking, cold calling, cold messaging on LinkedIn, and prospecting family/friends are main ways you’re encouraged to build your book of business. -You will pay out of pocket for any networking/leads groups they encourage you to join to build your book. -Opportunities (Retirement Transition Plans, Goodknignts, Taking over an office) are overwhelmingly given to people related to FAs (spouses, children). No, this is not illegal, but if you are a new FA with no relatives at Edward Jones you will not be given these opportunities then you will be compared to those who were given these opportunities. -On the website it says you will be given an office and a BOA. You will NOT be given these until you “prove yourself” to your region. You will be doing all admin work for years out of a crappy back office. -Products are not good compared to other financial firms. -Cult like vacations, meals, outings where you “Toast to Ted” before drinking/eating. Ted Jones is treated like a God. -Depression, anxiety, and suicide ideation is real for newer advisors (less than 5 years in) and EDJ does not care. -I could go on, but if you want to know the truth before you take this job go to the 1 star ratings for Financial Advisor on Glassdoor and read those…all the information is true.

Continue reading
    7 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Fun!

Aug 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice work environment with reasonable workload.

Cons

Not many coworkers or chance for socializing.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Jul 28, 2022 - Customer Service Specialist II
    Business Outlook

Pros

Their pay is great, and maybe they have improved on their training. I work remote. Right now, I have went through excellent, thorough training and I can already tell I am going to love what I do. Love the people and management too, they are timely with responding to requests and everyone is respectful. You just have to be competent and kind. I have a little bit of background in banking so it did help me. Even though it is a very large company, they are very good at individualizing training and making it personal. I feel valued.

Cons

There were a couple of hiccups in getting the equipment to arrive and the headset was not working at first, but everyone has been very helpful in setting me up for success. No cons so far.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Edward Jones.

Edward Jones Photos

+ Add Photo
Edward Jones photo of: Corporate Headquarters
Edward Jones photo of: 2019 Women's Conference
Edward Jones photo of: Penny Pennington, Edward Jones Managing Partner
Edward Jones photo of: 2019 Women's Conference
Edward Jones photo of: Edward Jones Embarks on a Transcontinental Walk to Fight Alzheimer’s
Edward Jones photo of: 2017 Branch Office Administrator Recognition Conference