Edward Jones - Great company that is getting better. You own your world! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

"Great company that is getting better. You own your world!"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Freedom. As an FA I run my own show. I get to work when I want and leave when I want. I work with the type of clients that are best for me. I pick my own assistant and where my office is. If I decide to make more money I just work a little harder. Also I have no pressure to sell certain types of products. I was told in the begining to run a "Legal, Ethical, and Profitable business" and I will have no problems from St. Louis. That's what I do and it has worked out great!

Cons

I am responsible for my own well being if you consider that a downside

Advice to Management

Hire Regional leaders and Area Leaders who will shoot straight and stand up for the people in the field, not just someone who will tell you what you want to hear.

Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones

1. "Edward Jones has a tremendous culture and is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Mesa, AZ

Pros

It's a culture built on mutual respect and encouragement. The company itself is a partnership so everyone treats each other as though they are a part of the team and not just an individual island. There is great support for those of us in the field from the corporate side and vice versa. It's amazing how 30000 people plus all work well together.

Cons

Not any that I've seen so far. Maybe to get a little more feedback from local management.

Advice to Management

Spend a little more time in the field staying in touch with local offices and how people are doing.

"Common sense about Jones"

Current Employee - BOA in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - BOA in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

I enjoy being the only admin in the office. No conflict with who handles what responsibility. I enjoy helping my broker build the business and it's great to have a broker who appreciates my efforts and input. It's rewarding to feel a part of a team rather than being just another body behind a computer. Sometimes rather unusual or unique situations present themselves and it does help that assistance is only a phone call or a mouse click away and generally, you are given the correct information to complete any task. I apperciate that Jones is a conservative company and that they keep the welfare of the clients as a priority.

Cons

You can feel isolated at times working in a branch office. They are changing the technologies, which is good, but you no sooner learn one way of doing something and the next day what you know is now mute. I think that it would be better to have some classroom training for the new BOAs rather than leaving them to study alone. Help is always no father away than the phone, however, I think having the opportunity to be in a class enviornment where there is an instructor to demonstrate how to use the various systems would be of a great benefit.

Advice to Management

I wish that when the financial advisors recieve their training that a mandatory class would be taught by a seasoned BOA who would explain to the guys and gals how to properly treat their assistants. Their assistants are hourly for a reason. They put in an 8 hour day and then go home. Just because an FA can create 10 hours worth of work in a day does not mean that the BOA is required to complete it all in 8 hours or stay late.