Edward Jones - Tough, But Best Perks in Industry | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Edward Jones

"Tough, But Best Perks in Industry"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

my own office, personal assistant, and I don't have to see anyone else on a daily basis. It can be the best place to work in the world if you have the assets and resources to make it through the first 3 years

Cons

Just as political as the other firms, but since you have your own office you can be out on your own and not having to deal with it on a daily basis. I was not considered for large offices because I don't kiss a$$. I guess if you are a kiss A$$ this is another pro for you. Also, they pay you next to nothing for the first three years, but you have tons of freedom. Have money saved before you embark on this career.

Advice to Management

Stop worrying about the bottom line in your LP/GP and do what's right for this company to grow.

Other Employee Reviews for Edward Jones

"The grass is not always greener on this side of the hill!"

Current Employee - Reconciliation Specialist I in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Reconciliation Specialist I in Tempe, AZ

Pros

You will sit behind a computer all day long and have the opportunity to listen to your iPod if you desire. Also, management is pretty flexible when it comes down to start/stop time of your day.

Cons

Edward Jones claims to be a non-micromanaged workspace...that is a lie. If you like listening to our iPod very loud, this could be the place to work for you, because management is very loud and obnoxious when it comes down to socializing. If you are into management, then Tempe will be a good fit for you, if you want to get into Finance or Accounting, then you will have to move to St. Louis.

Advice to Management

If you want your associates to minimize their time socializing, then maybe you should lead with example. Honor promises that are made during one-on-ones...failure to meet goals is a total turn off to your employees.

"Good experience"

Former Employee - Service Specialist II in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Service Specialist II in Tempe, AZ

Pros

Benefits were good and compensation was great for what I did. They really do understand when you have something personal going on and they work with you when you need time off or switch schedules, etc.

Cons

It seemed like you HAVE to be involved in ALL the activities outside of your normal job duties in order to advance. And communication between departments was frustrating as most of the time there was none.

Advice to Management

Communication is key! With so many meeting between leaders, I would hope departments had better communication.