Edwards Lifesciences - Good company but with a few problems | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Edwards Lifesciences

"Good company but with a few problems"

Current Employee - Material Handler in Draper, UT
Current Employee - Material Handler in Draper, UT

I have been working at Edwards Lifesciences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Steady work, great benefits, good pay, and good work environment.

Cons

Before you can be employed at Edwards Lifesciences you have to go through a temp agency called Ultimate Staffing for at least 6-7 months, which was a real pain. There's also a problem with other departments holding up production by getting things messed up or not having components done on time so we get tied up a bit. And it feels like little growing room, we only get raises once a year and there's not really an upper position for my department.

Advice to Management

Talk to your managers and make sure they're in control of they're team and making they're quota so the rest of the company doesn't have to stop because of one departments screw ups.

Other Employee Reviews for Edwards Lifesciences

"Great company overall, unfortunately my particular manager wasn't the most encouraging early in my career."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Edwards Lifesciences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful atmosphere and great head of IT--always good work coming out of that department.

Cons

In my particular position, I didn't get enough cross-training or interaction with other departments. Was mostly just me and my manager for day-to-day work. Was a bit behind on website technology while I was there, but this was changing with the new director of IT around the time I left.

2. "CRONYISM AT THE TOP - LACK OF INTEGRITY AND PEOPLE FOCUS IN MANAGEMENT - LITTLE LOYALTY"

Current Employee - Senior Director of Sales & Marketing in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director of Sales & Marketing in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Edwards Lifesciences full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pretty decent salary; good talent at middle levels

Cons

Edwards has a sick culture. Risk taking is punished. The CEO and executive management make way too much money than they are worth. The CSS Division is a joke with horrendous leadership, the HVT division is arrogant and losing ground for lack of innovation, and the transcather division will be an afterthought in the market after Medtronic launches. Executive management takes massive bonuses and lays-off top talent to pay for their missing forecast. There's really no integrity here.

Advice to Management

Quit, and let new management create a positive culture that fosters innovation, collaboration, and loyalty for performance. This company needs to be acquired, but for now divest CSS, cut HVT in half and focus on IDN's, and invest in transcatheter R&D - your device is inferior to Medtronic's.