Einstein Bros. Bagels - Upper management needs a life coach, seriously | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Einstein Bros. Bagels

"Upper management needs a life coach, seriously"

Current Employee - Shift Manager/Baker in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Shift Manager/Baker in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Einstein Bros. Bagels part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best part about this company is they close at a reasonable hour.

Cons

Downside is pay. Lack of advertisement. Area managers and district managers are grossly
Misinformed about employee knowledge of ever changing company preference / policy. Took away tips even though we are often expected to deliver food to tables even at peek times. Store overhaul for kds system which is ineffective and slower. No real flow of direction in stores customers even regulars are sometimes confused. Ever changing menu. Ever changing prices. Quality of food is bad No oppertunity for growth. No benefits. Facilities don't fix anything but area mangers will chastise employees for this infraction. Uniforms. Corprate attitude. Revolving gm door. Assistant managers don't exist in some instances harshly forced out. Lack of hours menu boards are inefficient and sloppy

Advice to Management

The very thought that you think your doing well by your employees and customers is laughable. Every six months to a year there's a price increase for terrible food and coffee. KDS system overhaul was pointless and causes us to face away from already rude customers who get even worse with the attitudes as they travel down our confusing sandwich line. In my six years of working here I've gone through five gm 's and four dm's. Most of which were unresponsive towards anything we say but will gladly come out of the glass house they live in to chastise us on ever revolving company preference not policy as these things are never in a policy book distributed to all employees. No room for error if your not upper management. Realize location is everything my location is in a neighborhood so we rely solely on our regulars as any general person driving by may not know we sell anything beyond bagels. if you take time to advertise more outside of your exclusive bagel e-club more people would know we exsist and hopefully boost the sales in this company. Growth should not be placed in a gm's hands or regular employee. Our jobs are stressful enough without having to worry if I've promoted your new ten second idea to the extent that a radio ad or commercial would Business is not a cookie cutter affair so what works in Colorado won't Nessecarlly work in California Wisconsin and so forth. If you want perfect bagels fix broken equipment. As a baker I frequently must work around my proofer because it doesn't work properly. As a manger I found the pay wasn't worth the stress of dealing with whatever you guys come up with this week.

I understand your jobs are tough but ours are as well and when you heap obvious corprate issues onto underpaid and under appreciated employees you get the result you often do here in Wisconsin where our regional sales don't come close to adding anything of significance to this company as a whole.

Your business is being cheated as are your customers because of your steadfast refusal to simply listen to the people who work for you everyday. I know I've had to take a step back myself new she this job has singlehandedly made me a bitter person towards corparations

Other Employee Reviews for Einstein Bros. Bagels

1. "Very hard work"

Former Employee - Shift Manager/Baker in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Shift Manager/Baker in Austin, TX

Pros

- consistent work
    - nice customers
    - good food and coffee
    - decent pay for fast food
    - incentives

Cons

- ugly uniforms
    - hard work
    - bad hours
    - very busy, at times
    - executives and district managers are not too good

Advice to Management

- Pay closer attention to promotions, promote women as much as men are promoted, be more fair and open minded.

2. "One of the best Jobs I have had"

Former Employee - General Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - General Manager in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Pay was great, and most store hours are very reasonable. The company does an excellent job with the service of their equipment. Management reports are very simple and easy to follow and the training manuals are second to none.

Cons

Downsides are minimal, really come down to the early rising. Most openers get there at 3:30am. Other than that, there aren't too many downsides.

Advice to Management

My only wish, and it came to being when I left, was that the senior management listen/talk to the GM's and store level employees before implementing certain changes. When I left they actually formed a committee of the most talented GM's as a think tank and that is something they needed.