Einstein Bros. Bagels - Great First Job | Glassdoor

"Great First Job"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Statesboro, GA
Former Employee - Team Leader in Statesboro, GA

I worked at Einstein Bros. Bagels part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved being able to help the customers and although it was very busy most of the time due to the proximity of the restaurant to the university, it was alot of fun to work with everyone.

Cons

The space issue was pretty bad for our restaurant, as well as the long lunch lines and college schedules of most of the workers slowed things down.

Advice to Management

Have better transitions for shifts so customers don't suffer

Other Employee Reviews for Einstein Bros. Bagels

1. "Bittersweet"

Current Employee - Crew Member in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Einstein Bros. Bagels part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Above minimum wage starting
    -Co-workers are friendly
    -Closes early (used to be 4, now 5pm)

Cons

-Management was horrid
    -Unprofessional atmosphere
    -High expectations, lack of proper training
    -Coworkers, although nice, are wholly incompetent, to the point where working's more like babysitting
    -Inconsistent scheduling/struggle to get decent hours unless you are favored by your manager (NOT based on work performance)
    -Weekends extremely busy, customers are generally rude as well

But in regards to that last statement, can you blame them?
    Everything is ridiculously overpriced, especially for the quality you receive.

The corporation is 100% about profit, they have no integrity, caring for neither their customers nor their employees. The food safety is questionable at times, and the employees are treated so poorly, many of them lose their integrity as well.
    The appliances also seem to be of poor quality, as the corporation cuts corners every which way they can. And when it really comes down to it, the employees catch flack for the flawed equipment Einstein's refuses to replace unless they deem it absolutely necessary.

The management is terrible, as my store hasn't had a permanent manager in the entire 9 months I've been working.
    It's also a kind of "if it's not one thing, it's another" kind of situation.
    As a crew member, you aren't rewarded for your effort, the temp managers I've had play favorites and reward hours to those they favor, not those who deserve it.
    If it's not hours, it's another situation, like coworkers showing up late to work, or not showing up AT ALL. That's just the kind of effect this job has on people, and no one I've worked with so far has considered it a "good job", as the effort is NOT worth the minimal pay.

My coworkers were also decent people, but the lack of professionalism and training can really turn you against each other.
    No one wants to be accountable for their actions, and many slack off as much as they can because
    it is a rare occasion that Einstein's will fire anyone (unless our district manager has a personal distaste for you), including shift leads and the temporary managers we've had.

In a sense, I consider it bittersweet because although it's terrible, I consider it a good learning experience, in terms of the corruption and adversity that life can throw at you.
    In the end though, the morality of this corporation makes me sick, and I for one, cannot wait until the day I'm no longer bound to this hellish environment.

Advice to Management

Train your employees, stop playing favorites, gain some integrity and do your damned job to the best of your abilities.

2. "Bagels Galore"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Einstein Bros. Bagels part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Generous hours, friendly co-workers, employee discount, food prep experience, and flexibility with the weekly schedule were all pros of working at Einstein Bagels.

Cons

The main con was that I didn't feel the pay equaled the amount of work and the intensity of the work. It was very physically demanding and could be a bit overwhelming for anyone who is not used to being on their feet for an 8 hour shift.

Advice to Management

I was trained in every position so I was able to be thrown at anything. The management knew how to utilize employees, but they should match pay with experience and ability.