Einstein Bros. Bagels - Absolutely Horrible | Glassdoor

"Absolutely Horrible"

Former Employee - Associate in Knoxville, TN
Former Employee - Associate in Knoxville, TN

Pros

Discount on food, its only 20%, but if you skip your lunch break you can scarf down a free sandwich.

Cons

This location is on the UT campus in Knoxville, and it is owned and operated by Aramark. They treat their employees absolutely awful. Each employee was overworked, received no benefits, and you have to pay for your own parking space (which they don't tell you till after they hire you...). There is absolutely no opportunity for advancement, and the managers could not be any more unfriendly. Routine duties were often changed, and every week they invented a *new* way to do something, and those who accidentally continued to do it the old way were severely reprimanded. It was common on fridays for payroll to be forgotten, as the office that managed the checks was a few miles down the road. However, they closed before anyone was released from work, so you would have to wait till the following monday to pick up your check. I would not recommend this job to anyone.

Advice to Management

I would highly recommend that the management give regular reviews on each employee, especially when it comes to newly introduced standards and practices. An occasional "good job" would be extremely appreciated as well, i'm sure.

Other Employee Reviews for Einstein Bros. Bagels

1. "Loved working there for a year"

Pros

great leadership and fantastic entry job

Cons

Smaller staff so over worked

2. "Director"

I worked at Einstein Bros. Bagels full-time

Pros

Really enjoyed working with many of my colleagues both senior leadership, peers, and junior team members.

Cons

They changed my department head 3 times in 2 years.

Advice to Management

Since I worked there the company is now owned by a new PE company.