Elco Administrative Services Company - Great training ground | Glassdoor

"Great training ground"

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Miami, FL

I worked at Elco Administrative Services Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great co-workers, great training, some good managers

Cons

High claims volume, not a lot of company events outside of work, low pay compared to the insurance industry, not a lot of growth opportunities once you get to administrator level.

Advice to Management

Better pay to mirror the insurance industry will retain some of the talent that leaves for insurance carriers.

Elco Administrative Services Company2019-03-18

Other Employee Reviews

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Strongsville, OH

I have been working at Elco Administrative Services Company full-time

Pros

Employees can choose between several flex schedules offered with start times ranging from 7am to 9am. This really helps such as when you have kids to pick up at or school or daycare.You can arrive up to 15 min after your scheduled start and not have it counted against you as being late (think traffic!). I heard they are considering a 4 day compressed work week. They are always adjusting their salary ranges to... make sure they keep up with the competition. Add a matching 401K and yearly profit sharing bonus and overall compensation is pretty decent. It's a small office here, like only 25 or so people, so landing a management role isn't a guarantee but adjuster promotions are non competitive....you get promoted based upon meeting goals, not whether there is an 'opening' as is the case with insurance companies. From talking with adjusters at insurance companies, their caseloads are triple what we get. Enterprise is constantly growing, so there's always opportunities in offices they plan on opening. Clean, newer office with lots of amenities like Starbuck's coffee. Getting to go to Corporate right when you start is pretty cool. Most local enterprise employees never get to do that.

Cons

Honestly, with all the pro's, it's tough to come up with a real con. Like any adjusting job, it's hard work. Those with initiative succeed the most. My manager definitely provides me support and direction. We work as a team. That's the way they have it set up here. if you're not okay with that then I guess you can see that as a con.

Advice to Management

I wouldn't be where I am today without them. Tough job given this is a busy claims office.

Elco Administrative Services Company2016-03-11
  2. "Liability Administrator"

I have been working at Elco Administrative Services Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexibility with schedule No micromanaging Freedom A great job to ‘coast’

Cons

Salary is terrible compared to other insurance companies Management does not seem to care much re employee ambition/promotion Management a little ‘checked out’ Unrealistic expectations Impossible to advance, unless you want to relocate Definite favoritism with certain employees Some managers impossible to ever sit down with

Advice to Management

Not really managements fault. All really comes from corporate who are completely tuned out and look at you as only a number

Elco Administrative Services Company2018-12-15

Discover more reviews about Elco Administrative Services Company.