Electric Power Board - Fantastic Work Atmosphere but Executive Leadership is Changing | Glassdoor

"Fantastic Work Atmosphere but Executive Leadership is Changing"

Former Employee - Communications Systems Technician in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Electric Power Board full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

EPB promotes a culture of learning and independent thinking all across the company. Over my 8+ years of service I installed and troubleshot residential services, performed maintenance in the headend/supernode facilities, tested equipment for potential new services, along with a myriad of other duties. I was consistently treated with respect by my immediate management and my abilities were held in high regard.

Cons

As EPB's success has grown, regretfully so has the corporate mindset of the executive leadership. There was a time when you knew everyone's name and loyalty mattered. Unfortunately that is beginning to fade away and good, honest folks are terminated after small mistakes in the mitigate the risk of *potential* harm to company image.

Continue reading
    Electric Power Board2019-01-27

Other Employee Reviews

1. "A wonderful place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Electric Power Board full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A chance to work for a company that cares about its employees and its community.

Cons

Some positions do not allow remote work, although many do.

Electric Power Board2019-10-28
  2. "Untrustworthy Management"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Electric Power Board full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great pay and benefits with some potential for advancement.

Cons

Upper management is conniving. If they have it their mind to advance you then you are in luck. The sky is the limit. If, however, you are not a favored person, they will manipulate things to make you want to leave it just fire you. Mid level management are the hard workers and will try to help the reps improve. Sad situation. It could be a great place to work and will be when some of the Vice Presidents finally retire or quit. Company is very customer focused making it a very positive force for Chattanooga.

Electric Power Board2020-02-18

Discover more reviews about Electric Power Board.