Electronic Arts - Best Company and BEST TEAM | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Arts

"Best Company and BEST TEAM"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Electronic Arts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love the team that I work with, They are a group of super talented, smart and fun individuals. Best team i have ever worked with. I am so lucky to come to work every day.
The environment is positive, challenging and supportive. I love working with my team and my manager. I feel supported and i feel that my voice is heard (from the GM down to my coworkers).
I love waking up every day and coming to work. We make a great product and the team here is dedicated to provide the best.

Cons

I have no cons. Capital Games is a great place to work. I encourage anyone that is qualified to apply.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!! Look forward to our future!

Other Employee Reviews for Electronic Arts

"Program Manager"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Electronic Arts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company over all has a great culture, the benefits are great and the people are down to earth and inspiring to be around.

Cons

The base pay can be a bit better. Since we live in California, it's tough to live in such an expensive market. The company should show more support in this area.

Advice to Management

Raise the base pay so you don't lose to competitors like Apple and Facebook.

"New senior employee experience"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Electronic Arts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As I went through the interview stages with EA, I had the same concerns that anyone interviewing with EA would - after the many years of terrible reviews and being rated as the worst company to work for, how has the company changed?

The answer from everyone was the same, but all in their own words, not some company line. Since Andrew Wilson took over as CEO, the poor culture is a thing of the past, and they've had no exposure to it (all were with the company for 1-3 years). I took them at their word and accepted an offer.

The company structure is relatively flat, without tons of needless levels of management. Where at a typical large company you'd see a structure like IC -> manager -> sr. manager -> director -> sr. director -> vp -> svp -> evp -> c-level, there are a few less levels of management here. This is a great thing which allows decisions to be made faster without the typical management gridlock of slow-moving large companies.

Working at EA has been a great experience so far, my colleagues are fun to work with, and the company is showing record numbers. I've had exposure to all levels of the company, up to and including the CTO, management is supportive of my career growth, and I'm getting to work on some great games. I couldn't have hoped for a better experience, and my interviewers were right - the company has changed.

Cons

There's the traditional trade-off between a large company and a startup, small and agile with lots of risk and potential reward vs. large, a bit slower (though not as slow as you might expect due to the management structure, as mentioned above), stable, and a guaranteed future. I've been with both large companies and startups, so I knew what to expect, and as long as you do too, this isn't necessarily a con - it's just different.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!