Electronic Arts - Ambition and positive attitudes well received. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Arts

"Ambition and positive attitudes well received."

Current Employee - Associate Producer in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Associate Producer in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Big company and if given the right opportunities and working under competant managment you can go far. You will have the opportunity to with amazing people.

Cons

Being some a large company those unwilling to speak up can easily get lost in the shuffle. You will need to manage your career if you find your manager don't champion your best efforts.

Advice to Management

Senior management can do a better job of communicating expectations and status of individual work. When your people are doing a good job let them know. I have had great managers who excel is this area but I have experienced management that does not communicate well when I may not be meeting expectations.

Other Employee Reviews for Electronic Arts

"Hit & Miss"

Former Employee - Associate Development Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Development Manager in Redwood City, CA

Pros

* Benefits are good, health, dental, vision, media library, discount on games
    * Good if you have a good manager who listens to you, but it is hit and miss
    * Flexible, but again, depends on the group. Some are better than others. I worked with both, the bad ones are pretty bad, but the good teams make you feel like family.

Cons

* Senior management doesn't always communicate, which makes your job harder.
    * Disorganization when it comes to corporate communication. We heard more things through news sites and blogs than from the executive team.
    * Some really bad managers which makes it hard to shape your career
    * More likely to be told where and what you're going to do, then find opportunities to move around with the same Label.
    * Sometimes advancement depends on who you suck up to.

Advice to Management

* Communication is key. Listen to your employees instead of managing by rumours.

2. "The best game job to learn good game development processes"

Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Redwood City, CA

Pros

I work for Pogo, a division within Electronic Arts, and it is the most professional game company I have ever worked in. Particularly of note is the fact that they take careful measures to introduce processes to gauge and track project progress. They are extremely quick to adjust to schedule needs by providing additional resources, pushing back the schedule, or dropping features, and never consider overworking the employee as an option, even if it is in our nature to work harder as the typical crunch approaches. The work life balance is phenomenal, and I have never had better managers running our groups.

Cons

Pogo is production driven and focused on profit, which is clearly good. However, they are unfortunately extreme in that end and will play the conservative card far too much for my taste, resorting to requiring careful justification for any project that does not obvious return revenue. Certainly there is a point where you have to put some faith in your staff that a project is a good investment, even if that investment cannot be quantified in number of titles sold. This rigidity results in an inability to determine just how much less money-oriented projects can help other projects across the board. Unable to exactly quantify how much we lose on each of 15 projects because we don't implement one to shave time off them ends up in tossing the one project in the bin and having everything done less efficiency with no investment of time on proper tools, for instance.

Advice to Management

Promote your employees to the titles they deserve.