Electronic Arts - Good experience, though lack of career path | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Arts

"Good experience, though lack of career path"

Former Employee - QA Test Lead in Montreal, QC (Canada)
Former Employee - QA Test Lead in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Electronic Arts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Benefits were really good, though they were not matched with the financial compensation. The people are great to work with and the QA management is mostly quite awesome. They were always receptive of ideas and would be willing to help people advance as much as they could, which was limited due to all the required approvals. End of Projects were often accompanied by Paid time off.

Cons

Though there are a lot of benefits there is very little career growth. Every promotion and significant raise I received was preceded by a discussion of my dissatisfaction and an ultimatum of raise/promotion or I would need to look for work elsewhere. This continued till I was approached by another company who gave me an offer greater then what I had previously asked for with EA.

Advice to Management

Promote people and give raises without them having to threaten to quit.

Other Employee Reviews for Electronic Arts

1. "Awesome colleagues, but hard to grow into the company without connections"

Former Employee - Technical Solutions Specialist in Madrid (Spain)
    Former Employee - Technical Solutions Specialist in Madrid (Spain)

I worked at Electronic Arts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Electronic Arts is a great employer if you're passionate about games and willing to give your all for your passion. Even though its reputation has kind of lowered a bit, it's still a good company to have on your resume.

Cons

Salaries are not conform the amount of time/effort you put into the work. Also it's hard to grow into the company (career wise), as people hardly get promoted. Only way to advance in the company is for someone to leave.

Advice to Management

Reward the people for what they do; not for who they know. If people are really passionate about their work and put in so much (personal) time and effort to make the best product available, it should be rewarded; now people who get close to the upper management gain all the benefits.

2. "though often frustrating creatively, you'll learn a lot here"

I have been working at Electronic Arts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Big company - lots of opportunity to grow
    Big games - you'll get invaluable experience on highly polished titles
    You'll learn a lot about how games are made and back end process of making great games

Cons

Big company - slow to respond to trends
    can be frustrating creatively, often at the mercy of marketing people and (old) trends
    you are a very small cog in a large machine

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees more and value their opinions. They could well be the people who go off and have the killer idea.