Electronic Arts - PR Intern | Glassdoor

"PR Intern"

Former Intern - PR Intern in Redwood Shores, CA
Former Intern - PR Intern in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Electronic Arts as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great managers, was given a ton of management and experience from day one, awesome culture, great perks (gym, caf), fast paced environment (aka never boring); internship program is awesome--University Relations works really hard to help the interns connect with the company execs and to make sure the interns get the most out of their internships

Cons

none. honestly. the people are friendly, bright, and great to be around. the environment is competitive but in a good way. i cannot think of one bad thing to say.

Other Employee Reviews for Electronic Arts

"Review from the past..."

Former Employee - Software Engineer II in Redwood Shores, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer II in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Electronic Arts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I want to say the free lunch and dinners, but you know that is a total joke. A $15 meal to milk extra hours in the night from an entire team is truly genius. Granted some of the companies I have worked for don't even do that...

Cons

I started my career EA (2003). The working conditions have supposedly changed since I worked there after the class action suits. However, the same Executives and Managers that ran my team are still at this company. So, I can say this... the company is still being lead by some of the most unethical human beings I have met to this day. Surprisingly, some of the most friendliest people (not all). They'll chat, smile and laugh with you while you slowly bleed to death in the corner. When you die, they'll say they never knew you.

Advice to Management

Perhaps I was unlucky with the team I ended up, but there are a few Executives that need to pause and take some perspective of the people around them. You know why EA gets bucketed with the Banks and the Oil companies? The one common thing is that these entities treat people like trash. People aren't game objects that have X #lives. Pause for a second and think of consequences of what you do, and appreciate that people can't "re-roll life."

To one of my managers.. if an employee respectfully asks to go home at 5am (promises to come back in before 10am) after he has completed his duties and no longer adds any value to the team, let him. Don't throw a temper tantrum over wanting everyone to pull in 36hrs straight as an act of solidarity. It's just plain disgraceful.

2. "Career Progress in a can"

Current Employee - IT Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - IT Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Electronic Arts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary, good people, nice offices

Cons

Poor working conditions, poor management. No development.

Advice to Management

Know your people, learn and grow them.