Electronic Arts - Great experience, learned a lot and worked with some very smart people. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Arts

"Great experience, learned a lot and worked with some very smart people."

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Redwood City, CA
Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Electronic Arts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great perks, fun products and environment, good peers.

Cons

Pay scale is lower than traditional ranges, advancement can be difficult, politics can be difficult to navigate for those not interested in that type of environment, re-organizations occur too frequently.

Other Employee Reviews for Electronic Arts

"Fairly good stability for the game industry."

Former Employee - Assistant Designer in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Designer in Orlando, FL

I worked at Electronic Arts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The benefits are good, and I got more vacation time and paid holidays than most other people I know. The culture was fun, and I enjoyed the game I was working on.

Cons

The salary is lower than what you would get at most other places with the same experience and responsibility. The culture and bonuses will vary based on the game team you are associated with. Some teams will have to deal with much more stress than others.

Also, even though the benefits are very good, they are significantly scaled down from what they were a few years ago. They no longer offer sabbatical, and some of the smaller benefits were eliminated entirely.

Advice to Management

I worked with a variety of managers while there and some were better than others. The best managers I had were the ones that would focus on the people they were managing and doing everything possible to allow them to do their job.

2. "Just okay."

Former Contractor - Quality Assurance in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Contractor - Quality Assurance in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Electronic Arts as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Most people within EA are cool people. It's an insecular family that almost everyone grows to love. There's almost never a dull day working. Almost being used loosely.

Cons

While work is easy and fairly routine, parent partners can and will send down a long list of tasks that need to be completed within a certain time frame. However, it doesn't happen all the time. Just be prepared for random workloads and small numbers, depending on what the task is.