Electronic Arts - Very professional company, with a bit too much politics going on. Slow to move to new markets. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Arts

"Very professional company, with a bit too much politics going on. Slow to move to new markets."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Electronic Arts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Projects you work on are among the bigger ones in the industry.
Engineering processes are pretty good (depending on the team you are on)
Benefits and campus

Cons

Politics
Career path, when you reach senior level, gets very limited.
The only option tends to work on massive projects. Very few opportunities to work on small projects that try to innovate quickly. That might change with the push to go to mobile.

Advice to Management

Listen to your teams. Most top level managers (VP, GM's) are always behind the trends in the industry. One the other hand on the game teams, people tend to know what concepts are working out there. Get their feedback and ideas!

Other Employee Reviews for Electronic Arts

1. "Great place to work, even as it was going through some growing pains."

Former Employee - Team Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Team Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Electronic Arts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked with many amazing, smart and focused people who were all on the same page about getting the job done. Amenities were great, and I was provided enough autonomy to focus my efforts where I felt they were needed.

Cons

EA is going through changes and the growing pains were evident. Additionally, the multiple levels of management and overall segregation of departments and teams made some work difficult to accomplish.

Advice to Management

Ensure you've got the right people in the right places and things will go fine. Don't focus on titles or you'll fall back into the crazy amount of management-levels. And employ more RFTs and less contractors (on the non-development side).

"Senior Network Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Electronic Arts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team and manager. Fun projects and very diverse technologies you are exposed to. Lots of potential for building out a state of the network for the best games in the world. Pay is decent if you're in Austin.

Cons

No where to go from here. Not not many opportunities for promotion. Hiring is slow.

Advice to Management

Immediate and local management are great. The executive team in California needs improvement. Recent changes though keeps us hopeful