Electronic Arts - Electronic Arts is a company with a great pedigree, great talent, and an extremely weak executive team. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Arts

"Electronic Arts is a company with a great pedigree, great talent, and an extremely weak executive team."

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Electronic Arts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good compensation, access to great intellectual property. Very smart developers, and great industry networking opportunities.

Cons

A weak executive management team that is incentivized by the quarter, not long-term growth and strategy.

Advice to Management

Advice to the board - can the entire executive team and replace with competent outsiders. I'm talking to you Larry... Replacing JR with the green Aussie was uninspired.

Other Employee Reviews for Electronic Arts

"Boring, unchallenging internship."

Former Intern - Software Engineer Intern in Redwood City, CA
    Former Intern - Software Engineer Intern in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Electronic Arts as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- Nice campus.
    - Weekly barbecue on campus, but not free.
    - Nice goodies and welcome gifts for new interns.
    - Free shuttles from/to San Carlos Station.

Cons

- Little to entirely no attention for interns.
    - My biggest challenge was to stay awake! I'm not kidding, I had to come up with my own tasks and methods to stay awake. I *fell asleep* several times because of the unprecedented boredom. Insistence to get real and more assignments did not prove useful.
    - Very slow-paced and boring environment.

To be fair, the other interns seemed like they had good time, but they were young college kids and it seemed like they were only in it for the fun. It was all about silly and immature pranks. I would hear constant loud laughters and noises when they were playing in the office - it literally felt like high-school. However, I personally was extremely disappointed, I thought I was getting access to one of the most advanced software development practices in the industry -- given the name of the company, but I was instead thrown into a corner cubicle (the cube area was large and comfortable though) and had little to no human interaction in most days. Complaining about the lack of assignments was not taken seriously.

Advice to Management

Do not think of interns as just young kids who are there to entertain and be entertained. Also an advice to EA Academy or EA University Relations, instead of organizing all these campus events for interns, encourage managers to give interns real and challenging tasks that are part of what you do so they can get back to their university feeling proud of the contributions they made and become more attached to the company.

2. "Living the dream....."

Current Employee - Associate Artist in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Artist in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Electronic Arts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I get to work with fantastic and talented people, on exciting projects and, with a stocked kitchen.

Cons

I feel very underpaid as compared to some of my peers and though they do offer RSUs i don't feel that makes up for trying to live with my current wage.

Advice to Management

Compensate your workforce appropriately.